Chapter 57

A few hours later we were all sitting around the kitchen table as the mother fixes all of our plates. She cooked a roasted chicken, salad fresh from our last bit of things in our garden and potatoe salad. My mouths watering just looking at the chicken.

One of ours had gotten old and Colton said once they past a certain age they break thier necks to cook them.

I must say it's nice seeing this happening right now, I promise my unborn child that if he would ever bring his wife home I'll not be like this woman.

I'll treat her kindly and help her to understand her new life instead of how this bitch treated me, so unwelcoming and full of hatred.

For what reason though? I didn't deserve any of that from her. It's not that I actually chose to come live here. That choice was taken from me the night Colt brought me home.

"Let's talk about what we are all thankful for" suggested the father.

"I'll go first." Colton says "I'm thankful to my family. I'm thankful for how well our farm has been doing this year. I'm thankful that my parents are spending another Thanksgiving with us. I'm extremely thankful for my beautiful wife Abby. She has come a long way in becoming the good wife that I needed her to become and she already takes good care with our child already" Colt says and takes my hand in his and kisses it softly.

"My turn I guess" I giggle " I'm thankful for our beautiful home. I'm thankful to my family. I'm thankfully for this little life growing inside me and I'm so very thankful for my amazing husband who taught me what I was truly missing in life and that was my purpose in becoming the perfect wife for him" I say and send him a little shy smile.

"I'm thankful for my family, my unborn child and this farm, " Cain says shortly.

Mr. Grumpy has to always ruin the mood.

Is that it?

Not thankful for your wife?

I'm happy I got the better brother out of the two. Cain is so cold towards his wife just like how he was with Rebecca.

"I'm not thankful for anything" Ally replies while looking down at her jittery hands.

"You're not thankful for the life growing inside you?" Cain snaps loudly making me jump because I didn't expect it.

Colton presses a hand against my stomach gently and lays her other arm around my shoulders."It's okay wife" He whispers against my head.

I don't like having violence around me right now, I'm scared I will get hit or knocked over and harm my baby.

"No. I'm not thankful for this fucking baby monster growing inside me. It's sucking the life out of me just like you are!" She wails loudly.

It's been months and she still hasn't learned. It's because she became pregnant so fast. Cain hasn't been able to teach her any more lessons because of the fears of harming his child.

"You young lady should be thankful for the fact you're pregnant, or I'd tell my son to lock in the basement until your begging to be let out" the father snarls.

"Yes, you're ruining the holiday for the family" the mother adds in and shakes her head.

"This is my wife's first Thanksgiving with us and she is pregnant and I don't think you should be getting her worked up and Cain I told you to watch your anger around Abby. She gets nervous for our baby" Colton snaps at both of them and I quickly nod my head agreeing with him.

"Yes, perfect little Abby" Ally starts laughing historically.

Is she trying to be sarcastic?

I mean I have been trying my best to be the perfect wife for my husband, so I take that as a compliment.

"YOU ARE BRAINSHASED YOU POOR WOMEN" Ally screams at me.

I'm not fucking brainwashed.

What crazy thoughts does this girl have in her head? I learned this is the best life for me as my husband as told me from the start.

"How dare you suggest that." I say outraged throwing my hands up at her.

It was so rude, she didn't need to say that.

" YOU ARE. YOU KNOW THIS IS WRONG. THEY KEEP THE WOMAN CHAINED AND BEAT US WITH BULLWHIPS AND YOU'RE OKAY WITH IT! HOW ARE YOU OKAY WITH THAT? " She screams loudly while throwing her plate on the floor, so hard the broken pieces of the plate fly at everyone and Lucky who much have heard comes running into the kitchen.

"Get that animal out of my kitchen" Screechs the mother in pure outrage.

"He came because he wanted to make sure I am okay that's all" I raise my voice over the constantly yelling Ally.

"You need to eat it Ally, for the baby" Cain tells her.

"NO NO, I DON'T EAT. LET THE LITTLE MONSTER FUCKING STARVE. I DON'T WANT TO BRING ANOTHER PERSON INTO THIS FUCKED UP FAMILY" she yells louder, good God her voice hopefully goes out soon, she is giving me a headache.

"Listen here, girl, you need to shut up and eat your food and stop ruining the holiday for my family" the mother says loudly over Ally's yelling.

Coltons rubbing my belly and trying to get me to eat a piece of meat.

"Come on baby you need to eat. Don't worry about them" He whispers and smiles as I agree with him and open my mouth letting him feed me.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP BITCH YOU'RE FUCKING BRAINWASHED TOO! ALL THE WOMAN OF THIS FAMILY GET BRAINWASHED AND NONE OF YOU ARE SEEING IT" she is yelling and laughing like a crazy person.

Cain should have picked another wife, my home would have been alot more peaceful and I wouldn't be so stressed while I'm pregnant.