Coltons P.OV. Of the Birth

I'll have to fucking kill the child, how dare she give birth to a daughter! All these months I have been kind to her, making sure she wasn't stressed at all, took time in my day to help her walk to the fucking bathroom to fucking pee and she gives me a girl! A fucking daughter. What am I supposed to do? Family traditions say we kill them. We don't need them, they are useless on the farm and protecting the family, so I have no choice but to take the baby from her and slit her throat while my Wife learns to never give me another daughter again.

My mother called us screeching hours away and we have been driving ever since I offered to drive but my father said no.

"You know what will need to be done, son?" My father asked me, watching my face before turning back to the road.

That's the thing in this family, wives have their lessons to learn yes, but Sons? We have to go through the family traditions with our fathers and we get our lessons when we don't do something our fathers don't like.

I never really knew my mother's warm hugs, if I cried too much for her my son would whip me, one time I was just picking flowers in the back yard and my father didn't think that was what sons did and I got whipped for that too once I got older, I think it started when I was 12.

My father was a very hard man growing up, and I lived every day to rise to his expectations as his eldest son and now I feel like a disappointment because my wife had a daughter instead of giving me a son.

"Yes, father I do," I tell him in a cold dry tone so that he understands, that I'll do what I need to do.

"She won't make it easy. She will scream and cry and beg you, you must not let that sway you. You are the oldest son and it's time you act like it and do what's right for our family. Kill the girl."He grunts as we drive to the gate and notice that's now open?

"Did we not close it?" Father asks me as we drive through, looking around the property.

"We must not have, which is stupid of us, thank God Abbys in pain from labor and can't just walk away," I say to him shaking my head at the stupidity of us but I guess we were occupied because as soon as I and Cain got into the truck my father started on him.

Father stops at the control panel and closes the gate and drives us towards the house, I see the kitchen light along with Abby's room is still on. She must be awake taking care of the child ill soon have to fucking take away from her. It's going to break her but I have to do that, I have no choice. It's a tradition, a very important must be followed tradition.

"I'll come inside with you, make sure you do it right" He grunts out and climbs out of the truck.

"Yes, father," I tell him and climb out my side of the truck heading to the back door noticing that it's not locked. Shaking my head, I think about someone coming in here and killing my mother and my wife while we were away. That's one reason we have the fence to keep ourselves safe from the horrors going on in this world.

"Mother" I shout as I walk into the kitchen. I take a second to listen but I hear nothing, not the mother walking around upstairs and not even the baby crying. Maybe they are all asleep.

Father follows me up the stairs and into our bedroom but knocks into my back as I come to a halt, staring at the scene in front of me.

My mother's laying on her back in front of the bed and the beds empty.

It's fucking empty!

"ABBY! YOU BETTER FUCKING SHOW YOUR SELF WIFE" I snarl out rushing into the bathroom to look there, while the father goes and checks on mother. I don't even care about her, she was never a good mother to me all I care about is finding my wife and killing this fucking bitch she gave birth to.

"ABBY!!!!" I scream as I rush out of our room and into Cain and Allys, to find Ally sobbing in the bed but no Abby.

She isn't fucking anywhere. I rush downstairs out of the house and go to make sure the trucks are still where I parked them.

I sprint hard across the yard, almost tripping when I step into a hole but finally come to the shed and swing open the door hard, feeling the blood leave my body I stare at the now empty spot where I know I parked my truck earlier this morning.

The gate was open, she is fucking gone. She left me. After all those lessons I thought she finally learned them and was a good wife but she found a way to leave me I snarl loudly into my head. That bitch. I can't believe that bitch got away from me. I'll be the laughing stock of the family, not many women actually escape us and now it's happened twice in our family.

I fall to my knees and scream as loud as I can, scaring the horses making them kick around their stalls around me.

"I'll fucking find you, wife, you better hide good cause I'll have every family member looking for you and when I find you, I'll drag you back home and kill our daughter. You think your lessons were bad before, now you earned the worst of them" I scream out into the night.

I'll find you.