Chapter 71

"Girl. A useless girl" she screeches and quickly hands the baby over to me.

"Colton will not be happy about this. You didn't do your most important wife duty by giving him a son, you gave birth to a useless girl!" She yells at me before rushing out the room, no doubt to call Colton.

Holding my baby girl tightly to me I start to cry, what do I do?

Colton will come home and kill my baby I know he will and I can't allow that to happen.. But where will I go? What do I do I cry loudly and scream into my head.

I look down and look at my beautiful baby girl crying softly and snuggling into the warmth of my body.

Part of me was so scared to leave this place, I had gotten so used to this life and I became the wife Colton expected me to be but now I can just lay here and allow him to kill my child, I can't, I just can't!

"Yes, son. I'm sure she has given you a girl. I know the difference" She shrieks into the phone.

"Here" she thrusts the phone out to me "your husband wants to speak with you. He isn't very happy with you. His disappointment is strong in you now"

His disappointment? Like I could actually control what I was going to give birth to?

"Hello, husband?" I ask, as I put the phone to my ears with shaking hands.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS. HOW DARE YOU HAVE A GIRL. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY PERFECT WIFE AND YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME A STRONG SON TO KEEP OUR FAMILY TRADITIONS GOING BUT YOU FAILED ME. YOU HAVE FAILED YOUR JOB AS A WIFE AND YOU HAVE DISAPPOINTED YOUR HUSBAND. I WILL BE COMING HOME AS SOON AS MY FATHERS READY AND WHEN I GET THERE YOU WILL WATCH ME SLIDE MY KNIFE ACROSS THE GIRLS THROAT WHILE YOU WATCH SO THAT YOU NEVER DISOBEY ME AGAIN" He's yelling so loudly into the phone that I feel that my eardrum will bust.

With my hands still shaking, I quickly hand the phone over to his mother with my mindset on what I need to do next. I need to get me and my baby out of this house before Colton comes back home. He hasn't left yet, so that means I have only a few hours to get far enough away that he will never be able to find me or my child. I can not let him kill my child.

I set her down on the bed beside me and quickly thought of a plan. When she gets close to me,I'll jump on her and choke her until she passes. If that does not work I'll find something to hit her over the head with. Something anything to get me and my daughter far away from this place as I can get us.

I slowly climb out of the bed, my body protests after all the pains it's been through tonight but I don't care, I push through it and stand up slowly. I hear the mother climbing back up the stairs and my heart starts to pound out my chest with fear. I rush to the side table next to the bed quickly, unplugging the lamp and holding it high above my head as I move to stand in front of my daughter.

"He wants me to take her-" she stops mid-sentence as she takes me in, her eyes widening as she notices the lamp in my hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snaps at me.

"I'm taking my daughter, and we are leaving this fucking place. You're fucking insane if you think I'd ever allow yall to kill my child!" I screech and hold the lamp tighter in my hands, just waiting for her to come closer to me.

"You stupid, stupid bitch. Do you think you can run away? You will never get past that fucking fence. Now put the lamp down and I won't mention this to Colton" she screeches.

I know she is lying, this bitch is a sneaky one and she will be quick to tell him as soon as he steps through that front door, I'm not stupid.

"I said we are leaving" I snarl at her. She will not touch me or my child.