Chapter 52

The next morning I slowly climb out the bed, feeling a little better Colton went into town this morning to go pick me up a pregnancy test.

He's been so happy since he first said he thinks I'm pregnant. That he has been so kind to me.

He helped me take a bath last night, he didn't let me do anything. He put in some old-looking bubble bath into the water and told me to relax as he washed my hair and body.

It's times like that when I like him, the other side of Colt. He's attentive and sweet and loving it makes me fall for him. Then that harsher side slides out of him. It's the complete opposite.

He becomes so angry that I can never get through to him. I wonder what his childhood was like? How would my child's childhood be like? Would Colt make a good father? Maybe if I can keep on being a good wife it will make him want to be a good father to our child.

If I'm pregnant, this will become so much harder. I already gave in to his words in becoming a good wife that I'll have to be an even better mother. He will never let us leave now, and I understand he would want to be in his child's life.

I get dressed and start to head downstairs, I see Ally on her hands and knees on the floor, scrubbing it. I guess she got her chore list. Glad it's not me right now. Today's the first in days that I'm feeling well enough to get out of bed and I didn't want to have to do chores.

I walk slowly around her, making sure, she won't try to hurt me in case I am pregnant, and sit down on the couch.

Getting comfortable I grab the remote and turn on the TV and search for a good horror show.

"How are you okay with this?" She snaps and slams the scrubbing brush down on the floor making the water and soap splash out.

"I just got used to it is all. My husband is a kind man when I'm not giving him any trouble in my wife duties." I explain. She just needs to get it and her life would be easier.

"This is sick, we need to get away" she shrieks at me before quickly looking around the room to make sure she doesn't see Cain no doubt.

"There isn't any getting away Ally," I tell her sternly. She doesn't get it. Does she think I just didn't try to get away? I drugged my fucking husband for god's sake. That's a sin. I could have harmed my husband.

"We could run outside. You are not chained right now. Maybe you could help me? Maybe you know where they keep the keys-" she says in a rush.

"No! I don't know where the keys are, and you need to shut up before you get us both in trouble. Do your job as a wife and clean the floors as your husband told you!" Jesus, I've been sick for days does she think I want to be talking about this so much? I just want to relax.

"You're sick like them then. I heard your husband talking about going into town for a pregnancy test" she sneers at me.

Placing my hand on my belly, I start to rub it gently. Yes I could be pregnant and that makes me happy, my child hasn't done anything. He's innocent, and I'll love him so much. It has to be a boy, I can feel it.

"Your child will be a monster just like the father" she snaps at me.

I quickly grab the remote and throw it hard at her, hitting her in the shoulder making her cry out.

"You fucking bitch!"

"You don't talk like that about my child" I snarl at her. My son won't be a monster he will be a good son and do what he's told.

"What the fucks going on?" Cain asks as he rushes into the room.

Neither of us speaks just continue to watch each other, holding my belly tightly as if I need to protect my unborn child from this fucking crazy girl.

"I asked a fucking question!" He snaps at us both.

"She threw her remote at me" she wails out loudly.

Oh sure. Sure. She doesn't want to say the rest of the story. Well, I tried being her friend, and I'm not about to get in trouble for this.

"She called my child a monster!" I yell in my defense.

"You don't even know if your pregnant or not you fucking insane woman" she yells at me.

I'm not insane.

"SHUT the fuck up!" Snarls Cain "Women I swear to God y'all ain't good for nothing anymore"

"I defended myself. You have a problem with that then tell my husband and see what he thinks about this" I say and turn my head facing the TV.

Cain stands there looking at me like an angry bull, but what can he do to me? Colton wouldn't be happy if he touched me and I may be pregnant so. He needs to leave me be and tend to his wife and teach her some damn manners.

"Get the fuck up Ally!" He snaps at her and drags her out of the room, finally giving me some peace.