Chapter 68

Colton comes downstairs about two hours later looking freshly showered and rested like he took a nap and carried an overnight bag setting it on the side of the couch before sitting down next to me.

"Okay wife. I'm waiting on Cain to finish packing and my father to get here. I'm going to ride over with them and get Cain settled in and then I'll be back. I need you to be good for my mother, if your not and once you have our child ill be forced to give you a lesson and I don't want to have to do that right after you give birth" He tells me, placing his hand back on my belly and starts to rub it softly trying to get the baby to move but he doesn't.

The baby can be very stubborn sometimes.

"Yes, Husband I understand" I whisper as the mother walks into the living room, catching the last sentence she crosses her arms together and smiles my way but the smile is a nasty one.

"Good. You are also not allowed to go into labor while I'm away. It will only take a few days and I don't want to miss our son being born so I'm sure you can control that"

Can I? I didn't know women could control that!

That's the one thing about me and my body that I have absolutely no damn control over

He's going to threaten me?

I mean he didn't actually threaten me but I fucking know my husband, it's a threat even though he doesn't add the word lesson in what he just said.

"I'll - I'll try my best husband" is what I choose to say instead of yelling in his stupid face!

"You won't just try. You will fucking do as your husband says!" He snaps loudly grabbing my arm tightly making me cry out in pain from his fingernails digging into my skin.

"Y-yes I understand you. I won't go into labor!" I cry out and try to tug my arm out of his grip before he pulls it out of the socket.

As if I can actually stop that.

"I called your father, he is almost here. He left right away" the mother whispers but shivers at the thought of seeing her husband. They have been married for years and she is still frightened of her husband.

"Wh-why don't you take your truck?" I ask gently trying to get his attention off the thoughts that are making him put pressure on my arm.

"The truck won't make it up the mountain, to the cabin that my mother and father live in. It's where a lot of the family members live once they get older should I say." He responds and finally loosens his hand from around my arm.

"Oh I understand" I whisper

"Good. Be my perfect Wife and I'll go into the store and get you so more books and maybe we can go into a movie store and maybe get you a few of those horror movies you like so much. I won't be surprised if my child does come out traumatized from all the yelling and hollering that goes on in those movies" He chuckles taking his hand from my arm and kissing my forehead.

"Mother. I have a few rules for you." He turns crossing his arm sending her a stern look as he starts to go over them with her.

1. She isn't allowed out of bed.

2. She isn't to be helped downstairs.

3. You make sure to feed her 3 times a day and I mean good meals. If I come back and she tells me you have fed her poorly made food I'll make sure to let father know-"

"COLTON! She is carrying my grandchild I would never do that-" she screeches out like she is overly offended but let's get real that bitch doesn't like me, she so would do that

"4. If she is having her cravings, I don't care if it's at 3 am and she is hollering for you, you take your ass out the bed and get them for her. I read that when a women's craving something it's because the baby wants it. So it needs to be done. I don't care if you like it or not." He finishes off his list of rules and gives his mother a hard look daring her to disobey him.

"Yes, son. I understand. You do not need to worry" she whispers

He nods his head and looks up seeing Cain walking down the steps.