Chapter 64

Colton helps me into the truck and fixes the seat belt around me even though I try telling him, it's not good while being pregnant but he doesn't listen.

He quickly rounds the front of the jump and jumps inside next to me, putting music playing on the radio softly.

"Ready to go, Wife?" He asks me and puts the truck into drive and starts driving us towards where the gate of the property is at.

I see it coming into view fast and I can't fucking stand to even look at it, remembering the time I was almost able to get out of this life but the gate wouldn't allow me to pass.

My feelings was being rushed with all these emotions, on how badly I wanted to be free.

It was a very sad moment, It made my brain crack and that's when I finally started to give up and accept my new life, I literally felt the power to fight leave my body.

Colton stops the truck on the side of a little panel laying on top of a long pole made out of wood and turns to me.

"Turn your head Wife now!" He snaps at me, and points towards the passenger side window.

He doesn't want me to see the code.

"Yes, Husband" I rush out and turn my head to look out the window but I lean my head over making the hair hide my face and I strain my eyes to the side and watch as he pressed in four numbers into the panel and the gate starts to slowly open.

Oh my fucking God.

That's the code!

That's the way to my freedom!

I repeated the code over and over in my head slowly.

2881
2881
2881

Fuck.

I'm going to end up forgetting this, I kick off my shoes and bring my foot up into my lap, pretending that they are just sore from being pregnant and I'm rubbing them to help ease them.

2881

"What are you doing?" Colton asks me to make myself jump.

Goodness, give a girl a warning, how long has he been looking at me?

2881

"My foot's sore Husband, just from being pregnant. I'm just rubbing it..How far are we from town?"I ask innocently and started to massage my foot as he watches for a moment.

I hope my plan works.

"In about 20 minutes, " He says and takes his eyes off my foot and back onto the road.

2881

I dug my fingernail into the skin under my foot and started cutting deep but small cuts under into my skin on the heel of my foot.

On top, I scratched myself 2 times making 2 lines.

Below that, I scratched 8 little lines.

Next, I'll cut another 8 lines,
And then finally at the bottom, I made one small line.

2881.

I look at the bottom of my foot and see that it's not suspicious, just looks like I scratched my foot on something but I can read it plain as day.

Just in case the baby I end up having Is a girl, no matter how accustomed I am to my life, I'll never let them kill my child.

No matter how much I have come to love my husband, I will never love him more than life growing inside me.

"Are you excited to come into town wife?I figured you could maybe pick out a few books yourself for once the baby is born, you won't be doing much besides taking care of him for a while and this is your reward for being the perfect mother I know you will be" He smiles placing his palm over my tight and squeezes it hard as if making what he said a warning.

He's expecting me to become a perfect mother just like he made me into his perfect wife.

He doesn't need to worry about that, my child will always come first, I know I didn't learn how to be a good wife from my mother but I did watch her raise me and she was a amazing mom, always there when I needed her.

So, he doesn't need to freaking do that!

My brain since becoming pregnant has been pushing me to protect and care for my baby.

He doesn't need to worry about that part of me, the rest of me may be broken now but the part about loving my child is not.

"I'm excited to pick out my books, " I say making my voice sound happy, when I'm anything but those thoughts that I could end up having a daughter come flowing back inside my head and I pray I won't have to use the keypad.

" Good. Is your feet feeling better? Need to me rub it for your Wife?" He asked me.

Oh shit

NO!

I don't need him looking too closely at the bottom of my foot just in case he does understand what I just did.

"No husband, thank you though, It's feeling much better now and plus your driving silly" I smile at him and quickly but slowly at the same time slide my sandals back on and turning to look out my window and point at a pretty bird I see on a tree branch to distract him.