CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

NAKAUPO SI Fashie sa bench sa garden, same place, habang binabasa ang bagong labas na libro. She bought it yesterday and it's fun reading it. Nagtungo nalang siya rito kaysa naman sa cafè o sa cafeteria.

Her peaceful moment ended when a set of shoes stopped infront of her. Fashie took a deep breath, put her bag to her shoulder and ready to leave but a hand held her arm. 

“Sweetheart—”

“Let go of me.” Ipinisig niya ang braso upang makawala sa hawak ng binata ngunit mahigpit iyon.

His voice is pleading when he spoke again. “Please... Let's talk about us, please. I have an explanation —”

“I said, let. Go. Of. Me.” Matigas ang pagkakabigkas niya ngunit hindi nagpatinag si Timothy.

It's been one week since Fashie found out that Timothy cheated. In the past days, she avoided him. She restricted his account, block his number, and unfollowed him in instagram. Hindi niya parin kaya itong harapin ngayon, masakit parin ang puso niya na parang may pumipiga ruon sa tuwing nakikita niya ang binata at naaalala ang nakita niya sa condo nito.

Fashie wanted to have some space. Baka kasi kapag hindi siya nag-isip ng mabuti ay kung anong masabi. She's mad at him, but the fact that she love him and that love stays there. Tiwala at kasiguraduhan lang ang nawala sa kaniya pero hindi ang pag-ibig niya para sa binata.

Timothy hug her from behind, a tight and longing hug. Agad siyang napatingin sa paligid,  the bushes are hiding them but someone might still see them.

Nakahinga siya ng maluwag and quietly enjoy his embrace. She missed him, so much. But what he did really broke her. What he did is unreasonable, not loyal and so impossible—but he already did.

He buried his face to the side of her neck and seconds later, she felt it get wet. Is he.... crying? Oh god....

“Sweetheart, please, let me explain. I can't take any more days being away from you. I can't take anymore you avoiding me, mad at me and loathing me to the truth you believe.” His voice is raucous.

Ramdam niya ang pagkamiss nito sa kaniya sa uri ng yakap nito. And because of his wordse and cries, her tears fell.

Fashie bit her lower lip, “h-hindi... i-i can't— i don't know h-how to t-talk to you. N-Nasasaktan ako kapag nakikita kita... Naaalala k-ko ’yung nakita ko. Siguro... dito nalang tayo. We should break up—”

“No!” His hug became tighter, as if afraid that someone may take her away from him. “No! No! You're not leaving me! We're not going to break up, no, please. Don't, don't do it to me. To our relationship, don't break it.” Takot at puno ng pangamba na anito.

“I am not the one breaking it, Timothy! It was you who broke it first!” She did everything to get off from his hug and she succeeded, mahbe afraid she might get hurt. But that's impossible, nakapagloko nga ito sa likod niya. “You cheated on me! What do you want me to react? Tanggapin ko? Na niloko mo ako? At umaktong parang walang nangyari? Is that it, Timothy? Hindi porket bata pa ako at wala sa tamang edad, magpapauto na ako sa'yo!” Galit niyang sabi habang nakaduro ang hintuturo sa binata.

Timothy tried to touch her again but she step backward. “Don't you ever lay any finger on me. Nakakadiri ka.” She said coldly and pain crossed to his eyes. Gusto niyang bawiin ang huling sinabi pero tinatagan niya ang loob, hindi siya magpapakarupok sa isang lalaking manloloko.

He brush his hair to the back as if annoyed at something, or to her? “I didn't cheat on you!” Mariin nitong sabi, bahagyang napataas ang boses.

“Liar! And don't you dare raise your voice on me, cheater!” Sa bawat minuto ay mas nadadagdagan ang galit niya sa binata.