Don't ask

Author's pov

Devaki was completely silent from the moment she sat on the car... She didn't even looked up from her fiddling fingers.. She couldn't belive that she asked him to take her with him voluntarily... He was complete stranger she stumbled upon in Train in unknown place filled with numerous people...

Is it her fate she end up in the seat booked by him and he didn't even asked her to go and took care of her needs even now without the need of much longer compromising session he accepted her wish...

She was even more Puzzled because she was feeling more protective and comforting with even she didn't hesitate to put slight authority over him which she never did in all her life till he came.... And it was him who was being generous to help her but not even once he showed that he was helping her out of sympathy...and she couldn't even think in that point of view of him being a bad guy and took advantage of her vulnerability..... How can she think like that it was her who asked him not in reverse.... And if he was bad person they spend whole night in a Train couch which is only for them as the other seats were almost empty and two seats far from their... Not even once he tried to missbehave with her not even looked at her in appropriate way... Yeah he did teased her here and there but they aren't not more serious or disrespectful towards her.... She have no clue why he helped her...why....

She was pathetic and helpless women she have nothing to offer him then why he was tolerating her presense and also treating her nicely which was completely new to her no one ever spoke lovely words to her not even treated her like a human... But he was considerate may be that's what made her ask him such thing out of no where...

She trust him that he wouldn't give her the protection ,work ,respect and care may be......

And love???...

"No no that was absurd dream for you Devaki be grateful he is giving you work and roof over your head don't have any impossible expectations.... " Her conscience warned her which was true though.. She erased that last word and stick to the prior ones....

She was thinking all this she come out of those thought when someone knocked the car window....

She startled for a moment not able to find him in driver seat and the car was halted.... Again another knock she tilted her head at that side only to find him... She let out a relief sign ... He actioned her to lower the car glass... By his hand actions she understood that and lowered the glass....

"Now get down"

She was scared hearing him...she looked around the car was parked in front of a textile shop not any home....she doesn't understand why he was asking her get down is he regretting the decision of taking her to his home.... Tears welled up without her concent just by the thought of him wanting to leave her... She looked at him with pleading eyes...

Jaishankar furrowed at her welling up eyes..,

"Ethuku ipo alura... Unaku dress edukanum athuku tha inga kootitu vanthurukein...vaa erangu"

( why are you crying now.... I took you here to buy you new dress... Now get down..)

He explained her... She gulped the lump in her throat and wiped her eyes by the back of her hand... And muttered in a slow voice..

"Ila venam.... "

(No... I don't want)

"Ena venam.. "

(What you don't want..?)

"Puthu thuni lam vena... Ethachu palaiya thuni irunthalum kudunga athu enaku pothum... "