Greedy

Author's POV

Jaishankar was sitting in the hall reading his project-related files they had their dinner already... He almost finished subconsciously he looked at the other corner where Devagi was sitting on the floor leaning on the wall folding her knees supporting the book she was reading with utmost concentration.....

he took a moment to think about all the changes that happened in his life cycle after her arrival....he gets to eat homemade food which improved his taste buds...as his father brought him up, he learned not to complain about food ever...he wasn't used to a women's presence in his home......now one was living with him all alone that never felt strange to him as it has to be....that surprised as well as perplexed

 now he has a daily work time routine which he never had before he doesn't care about the work time but now he comes home before the sky darkens even when he gets carried away by work when he sees the wall clock if it past 6 his mind immediately alerts him that she is alone at home and he have to reach there soon....now someone is there for him waiting for him to come back home and when he come home greets with a relieved and happy smile which takes up his tiredness in a second ...

He has no clue what all this behavior of his indicates. she used to do all house hold works she almost finished reading all the books his father left for him in these 6 months yesterday he took her to an book store and brought her more books she liked.....

she have this habit of narrating the story of the novel or what's her perspective after reading that book to him once she finishes one book and he not only listen to her he also get himself involved in the conversation....they talked for hours in such times.....

he realized neither him nor her talked about their life before each other's meet ,may be they both considered there is nothing worth to share ...in these 6 months he even learned to understand what her silent language too...she actually wont talk much except that time they converse about books and stories other times she would be silent and spoke him one or two words that too anything regarding household works and what to cook or anything he wants  that's it as he was busy with his business works he to didn't have much time to notice all this now he was thinking and that surprised and overwhelmed him with numerous feelings and questions which have no answers...

sensing his strong gaze she looked up from the book and that's when he realized how beautiful and expressive her eyes were....its not that he never noticed it....even the first time he saw her in his train seat ...her bewildered eyes imprinted in his mind and how her eyes also tells the story when she narrated to him there have been somedays he was lost in the stories her eyes tells forgetting what her lips  muttering .....her slow voice brough him back to the present.....

"Cappy venuma ila Tea"

(Do you want coffee or tea?????)

He shook his head as no she furrowed 

"Thaanii"

(water)

he again shook his head as no ..

"Kita vaa"

(come closer )

"Huhh"

her eyes widened cluelessly  that made him chuckle he spoke 

"Un kita konjam pesanum kita vaa"

(I want to talk with you...come closer..)

"Enkitaiya pesanum????"

(do you want to talk with me ???)

she asked him for assurance he raised his right eyebrow and asked her in stern tone