Departure (Final Chapter) Pt. 2

Enjoy lovelies :)

March 18, 2015

Keegan's Pov

Today is the day where I fly to Zurich, Switzerland. The reason why? To surprise my girlfriend who I haven't seen for a bit. I mean, yes, it's only been a little over a week but I already miss her like crazy. I mean, she's my world, my body craves her every moment of every day, so this has been a bit of a struggle for me.

A last minute trip ended me up in Europe. The Supra team and I have been to a few places in Europe, getting some footage for the brand. In turn, this little detour I'm making instead of flying back today is easier than I thought it would be. We finished filming around three in the morning. And I think I've slept about a total of six hours in the past two days. Hopefully I'll get some sleep on the plane but knowing my luck, I'll probably be wide awake the whole time.

As I walked through the airport to the security checking, I was stared at. I don't understand why I was seemingly attracting the eyes of most people but I've been ignoring it. After getting checked by a middle aged woman with a grim look on her face, I made my way to my gate.

It's currently five twenty in the morning and my flight leaves at six thirty, so I have some time to kill. Lauren's been messaging me non stop when she can the past couple of days, telling me all about the tour and saying how much she misses me. We'll Skype whenever possible, but we haven't talked much the past couple of days. I'd be filming when she was free and she'd be doing all that tour stuff when I was free. One of us would usually be asleep when the other was awake. And we'd have spaced out texts with intervals of hours before the other replied again. I could tell my girl was starting to get upset. Even through text I could tell something was wrong by the way she was messaging me. Hopefully my little surprise will help makeup for the lack of my presence that last little while.

--------------------------------------------------

I groaned as my head smacked against the front of the cab as we came to a quick stop. "Sorry about that." The driver chuckled lightly as we waited at the stop light.

"No worries Jerry." I replied with a smile.

Jerry is a single parent with one daughter. Her name is Alaska and her mother, his wife, passed away a couple months ago. We've been talking for about two hours now. It's been a long ride, I've stopped to get a couple things on the way which he didn't mind. I found out he's been on the job for about four years now and what's crazy is today is his last day on the job. He finally found a job that pays better than what he does right now; taxiing people around for ungodly hours, just so he can make enough to support him and his daughter. What I find amazing is that his daughter is a fan of me. I didn't think I made much of an impact at all let alone in a completely different country. Alaska has no idea but before I go and visit Lauren I'm going to drop in and surprise her. Jerry told me that she's been trying to save up for my pro board for awhile now since he can't afford excess accessories, bills are his priority. Since I always carry around an extra board with me, I want to give it to her so she doesn't have to use her money.

I want to help Jerry and Alaska out, that's why I'm going to give him a cheque before I leave. Not an insane amount for that will seem snobbish, as though I have money to just throw carelessly at people. But an amount that will help him get back into a comfortable financial position as he goes into his new job. Yeah I mean, I'm giving money to a man I've known for two or so hours, but to me that doesn't matter. I don't expect a thank you or a sign of gratitude, I just want to help him out like he's helped me. Therefore, I'm just going to give it as an act of kindness and not out of pity.

---------------------------------------------

Jerry just dropped me off at our final destination, the girl's hotel. I was dressed in a white dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up halfway, sitting comfortably above my elbows. I wore a rose pink bow tie and a matching handkerchief tucked in the shirt pocket. I wore black skinny jeans and a pair of black Society Supras on my feet. Yes, I wear them a lot but they are my favourite pair, don't judge. I was nervous, I hadn't seen her for a while and I don't know how she's going to react seeing me here today. I sent a final smile to Jerry before climing out of the taxi, only to be met with the screaming of fans.