Trying to protect you.

Lauren's Pov

I woke up and groaned. Getting out of bed sucks because I'm always curled up in my covers when I wake up. It was 11 so I guess I should wake up. I slid out of bed and onto the floor, it was the only way I could get myself to get up. I dragged my feet across the carpet to my closet. I threw on Highway Jeans Caroline Dark Wash Destructed Denim Shorts, Glamour Kills Wander Forever Tank Top, and some black Converse shoes. Today we were having a barbeque and both Ryan and Keegan will be here. I really hope nothing happens.

Keegan's Pov

I woke up today at around 10. I went out for a jog and then took a shower. My mom was leaving on a 2 week business trip in three days so were going out for lunch as a family. I went back upstairs and took a shower since I was all sweaty. After my shower I dried my hair and styled it before getting dressed. I put on a Volcom Bad News Pocket Tee Shirt, Volcom Faceted Black Skinny Chino Pants, and my Black Supra Society's. Before I left I saw my DGK Dropout Black & Grey Letterman Fleece Jacket on the chair amd grabbed it. I shrugged it on and went downstairs where my family was waiting. I picked up Kylie and she sat on my shoulders as we all walked to the car. Kylie and I sat in the back while Carson was riding shotgun. We reached the restaurant and we all got out. Kylie ran to me and held my hand tightly as we walked across the street. I held the door open for my family and we were led by a waitress to a booth.

*After lunch*

Until now I didn't realize how hungry I was. I ate all of my food and some of Kylie's since she was full. My mom went to pay while Carson and Kylie went to the washrooms. I got up and went to my mom.

"Hey ma, can I have the keys? I'm going to chill outside." I asked.

"Sure hun, bring the car around too." She agreed.

I nodded and she handed me the keys. I walked outside towards the car just as another one parked next to us. A family piled out and I was surprised to see my best friend there.

"Keegan...?" She said softly.

"Hey Alana." I smiled happily.

I pulled her into a hug and she wrapped her arms around me. I saw her family walking across the road so I pulled away from her. I bit my lip looking at her and she looked at the ground blushing. I put two fingers under her chin and lifted her head so she looked up at me. She started chewing on her other lip and then before I knew what I was doing my lips were on hers. It was a quick little kiss and when I pulled away we were both smiling. Then our lips were together again as I pulled her closer to me. I had my hands on her waist and her hands were on top of mine. She pulled away and we hugged before she walked across the street. I had a huge smile on my face as I unlocked the car. I had my beginner's license so I knew what I was doing. I slowly started pulling out and then checked for cars. No cars were coming so I backed out smoothly to the left before putting it in drive making a two lefts around the lot before pulling up to the restaurant. My mom sat in the front while Carson and Kylie were in the back. I pulled away and left the lot. I made a right and headed back home.

*Back home*

I pulled into the driveway and put it in park before taking out the keys and walking inside. I went upstairs to get ready for the barbeque. I threw off my jacket and chamhed my shoes. I chose my all white Supra Skytop IV's before grabbing my Neff Daily White Beanie. I'm in love with these beanies I can't help it. I grabbed my skateboard and went back downstairs. My family was leaving a couple of minutes later but I didn't wanna wait so I skated over. I kicked up my board when I reached their driveway. There was a car that I've never seen before but it's probably just a family friend's. I knocked on the door and Lauren answered it with Ryan right behind her. She pulled me into a tight hug and I picked her up swinging her around, completely ignoring Ryan's presence. I let her down and she grabbed my hand.