Epilogue

It's been five months since Keegan and Lauren have seen each other. Five months since their perfect little world was shaken by distance. Physically separated by thousands of miles.

Keegan believed this was a test. A test to find out if their love is real or just another fairy tale but with an unhappy ending. He believed that they would make it through this, for he thought that their bond couldn't be broken by being thousands of miles apart.

Lauren, on the other hand, was doubting their relationship. She believed the distance may become too much after being so close to each other for such a long period of time. Obviously, she wanted to stay with him, but how long could she handle the separation? While it may sound selfish to think this way, it is valid, for people handle separation differently. Some are fine with the distance, others crack and break down as it gets to be too much for them. If put on a scale, Lauren would be tipping to the side of breaking and Keegan would be struggling to lift her back up; as he tried to re-balance the scale once again.

---

Today Keegan has an SLS event in Miami. It's the third of four events to decide who will make the Super Crown. He split the last two wins with Nyjah; him taking the first and Nyjah taking the second. Even though he lost one, he is still guaranteed to be in the Super Crown. Now these events are mostly to scope out the competition, see who's a major threat to his chances of winning, which honestly, is every single skater.

And with that, Keegan woke up at around six in the morning, covers half off the bed, his body at some fucked up angle, and his beautiful girlfriend; still asleep on the otherside of his phone screen. Groggily he stood up, bringing his phone with him to the bathroom. Facing it away from the shower, he stripped of his boxers before turning it on and stepping right in. The water was cold, chilling his skin. He had to be completely awake for today's event. Even if that meant showering in freezing cold water.

Now he stood in front of the mirror, chilled to the bone but more awake than he was twenty minutes ago. His eyes were fully open, despite only getting three hours of sleep. Since him and his girlfriend have been apart, he's trying to spend as much time as possible with her. Unfortunately they both have gotten busy to the point where interactions are few and far between. He's let his hair grow out, now a mixture of waves, tousled but kept classy. As he wraps a towel around his waist he shakes his head, sprayingwater droplets all over the mirror. Grabbing a smaller towel he quickly dried his hair which flopped down, partially covering his deep blue eyes.

After pushing his hair up to the familiar style, (pic below)

he makes his way to his closet. He picks and chooses clothes, his phone propped up by a couple t-shirts; a sleeping beauty still unsettled on the otherside. Dropping the towel he got dressed.

"Nice bum." A voice sounded from behind him.

"Thanks, I've been getting my squats in recently." He spoke with a smile itching at his features.