Breaking out from the Darkness

Carson's Pov August 7, 2014

I'm sitting in room 406 of the Marksman hospital (A/N made up the name of the hospital.) to which it holds my fifteen year old brother. He's been in a coma for five days now and we're all starting to get worried that he may never wake up. The night it all happened, well, it was hectic.

Flashback

Keegan's body slumped forward heavily onto mine, his weight making me become slightly off balanced. I hollered for my mother not caring who in the neighbourhood was asleep. She saw my brother's limp body in my arms and rushed to the phone dialing 9-1-1. I laid him down softly on our floor aware of the marks of his blood now stained into the tanned carpet. The girl who brought him back went towards my mother and hugged her as tears continuously poured down my mothers now beet red face. I took off my shirt and pressed it no my brothers leg. There was a deep gash that was from one inch below his knee to seven centimetres above his ankle. My once gray shirt became the crimson red colour of blood. Listening hard, I hear the faintness of sirens blaring from down the street making their way to our home. In a flash the ambulance skid to a stop followed by the action of two paramedics jumping out, taking out a stretcher and maneuvering it quickly to the side of my brother. I moved away as they did what they had to. They put an oxygen mask on his face trying to open his lungs. Everything after that was a blur. Heavy bandaging on his leg and head, moving him onto the stretcher, them rushing away with him, my mother getting in and leaving me to tell Kylie the news. I opened her door quietly to see her cuddling with her polar bear. What she doesn't know is her current peaceful state is about to be thrown out the window into the winds of hell. I placed my hand on her shoulder gently shaking her awake. Her big green eyes fluttered open as a small smile made it's way across her face. "Kylie, Keegan got hurt badly but he's gonna be alright. We've got to go to the hospital though okay?" I explained softly trying not to freak her out. She nodded tiredly holding out one arm while the other was still wrapped around her polar bear. I took her in my arms and set her on my hip as I went downstairs. I heard little snores coming from Kyl's as I took my keys from the counter and slipped on sandals. She sleps with socks so I didn't bother putting her shoes on for her, I turned out the lights and put Kylie in the backseat before driving to the Cimorelli's. I shut off the car and knocked on their door. Lisa answered it and a confused look spread across her face. Her sisters, parents, and her brother Alex were still up. I told them what happened and I saw Lauren burst into tears before Dani pulled her into a tight hug. Lauren, Dani, and Lisa went in my car with me but everyone else stayed home. Once we reached the hospital we went inside which we then met with my mom and a nurse. I handed Kylie over to my mom who sat down with her on her lap. "He's lost a lot of blood and we've had to stitch his leg, arm, and a small part of his head. He's in stable condition, one person can visit at a time. The receptionist will tell you which room." "Oh and I am sorry to say this but unfortunately Keegan is in a coma, we don't know when he will or if he will wake up." We looked at eachother and even though I wanted to see Keegan I let Lauren go first, she needed to see him desperately.

End of Flashback

I'm looking at my brother's face wishing he would open his eyes to show those big blue orbs. Lauren wouldn't leave his side until yesterday when they made her go home and rest. They allow two people at a time now so Kylie is with me. She's a bit oblivious when it comes to Keegan's condition. She believes he's just taking a really long nap and letting his "boo boos" get better. Her little hands were holding a bracelet that she made. Black, red, and light blue were the colours that intertwined with eachother continuously.  She lifted his wrist and slid her bracelet  around it; her little fingers were having trouble connecting the two clips so I helped her. Her face tilted to mine, her green eyes shining and her smile beaming. I kissed her forehead while giving her a hug. Someone knocked on the door and I nodded before heading to the door with Kylie and hugging Lauren. She looked better at least, it looked like she slept a little, even though you can clearly see the bags under her eyes. I lightly pressed a kiss to her forehead before walking out the door hand in hand with my baby sister.