Back home

Keegan's Pov August 8, 2014

Bzzzmph Bzzzmph

Slowly I opened my eyes due to the continuous buzzing within my room. I turned my head to face the source of the noise. It was my phone. Stupid phone. Why you gotta wake me up. Bastard. I noticed

it's currently 11:25 AM as I swipped my phone open and noticed I had two messages from my bro.

11:24 AM C: Hey lil' bro. You're leaving the hospital today. When you wake hit the buzzer the doc will come in and tell you some stuff. Btw left some of your clothes on the chair so you don't have to wear ur gown home ;)

11:24 AM C: Text me after you're done talking to the doc and I'll make my way over to come pick you up.

Alright, where's that stupid buzzer? I want out of this white hell hole. It's such a gloomy enviroment; not surprising though since people are in various terrible situations. Okay why is it so hard to find this stupid thing? Screw it.

11:32 AM K: Where's the buzzer. -.-

11:33 AM C: Lol bro it's on the right side of the bed. On the handle xD

11:35 AM K: Oh.. found it. Just drive here now I'll see u soon.

I can't believe I missed that. It's literally right there. Dr. Schuster walked in smiling as he saw me awake.

"Morning Keegan. I just wanted to talk to you about your injuries before you go." He started and I nodded for him to continue on.

"Your leg was cut deep and we had to put 34 stitches to close it. The reason it's in a cast is because you also cracked your growthplate. You only have to wear it for another week since you were in a coma for five days. It was a slight crack nothing major so it should heal quickly. Onto your arm, it was a shallow cut, only ten stitches; in two days we'll take the stitches out. In regards to your head injury, we had to remove a piece of glass which was lodged in. It was from a beer bottle in case you're wondering. It's not infected it's already healed we took the stitches out already. That's about it, I'll see you again in a few days to remove your stitches." He finished off handing me my appointment card.

"Thank you sir, I'll see you soon and have a great day." I shook his hand and smiled at him before he left the room.

I reached down to grab the clothes from the chair. I changed into my Undefeated Double 5 Strike Hoodie, Ninth Hall Joggers, a white Adida's sock, Red Pavement Supra Stacks, and my Coal FLT Black Beanie. I tied up my shoe on my left foot since the other is in a cast, rolled up my right pant leg above my cast, and then placed my beanie so it covered my hair. Just as I fixed my beanie Carson walked in. He walked over to me smiling and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close. After he pulled away he helped me off my bed and to my crutches. It took about six minutes to figure out the right height to adjust them to match my height comfortably. Finally we got them adjusted and I swung my way to the elevator.

"I'm hungry." I blurted out.

"You haven't eaten much for awhile so that makes sense. I'll get you a donut and a water from this little store at the entrance." He explained to me.

We reached the store and I got a chocolate glazed donut and a pink vitamin water. We made our way to his car to which he opened my door and helped me in, taking my crutches and putting them in the back seat before he hopped into the drivers seat.

"My armpits hurt." I said nonchalantly.

"Well that's nice isn't it?" He chuckled before reversing out of the parking space and heading home.