The Night

Keegan's Pov

I woke up to my phone alarm that I set. I sat on the side of my bed and took a deep breathe to calm down. I wasn't really scared, I was more so curious on who was going to be there. It was 11:50 and I got dressed. I put on a white ZooYork tank, black Eastbay basketball shorts, long white socks, and I went to my other room and grabbed my black Supra Society's and a black Slednecks beanie. I kept my hair the way it was which was all ruffled and messy. I sent a text to Lisa, 'Going out now. Don't go out until they're gone. I don't want you in harms way. Stay hidden.' After that I creeped downstairs and walked outside. There stood five guys dressed all in black. The one who I'm guessing was the leader of the "crew" showed me who he was, it was Ryan Beatty.

"What do you want Ryan?" I said coldly.

"I want you to BACK THE FUCK AWAY FROM LAUREN! She's my girl and she likes me so just back off!" He spat at me.

"Over my dead body Ryan! You're no good for her. Remember how she slapped you after I found out about thag picture? Yeah she must really miss your wretched and pathetic ass." I spat back at him.

Next thing I knew he was cursing and he clocked me in the face. Blood started spurting out of my nose and I fought back punching him in the face and tackling him to the ground. We hit with a heavy thud and I started throwing punches left and right cutting his face causing blood to heavily run down it like a waterfall. Then two of his friends grabbed me and yanked me up holding my arms in a vice grip. The other two started to beat me up. I was continually punched in the stomach, face, and I chest. I was kicked in the knees, stomach, and groins. I kicked and broke free elbowing both of the guys in the face and charged at Ryan again. I bloodied his face and he doubled over in pain but my victory was short lived. The other two grabbed me as Ryan got up with a devilish look in his eyes. The one's I elbowed in the face regained composure of themselves and were fierce. Before Ryan started to beat me up each of them kicked my knees making me collapse to the ground onto them. I was starting to lose consciousness as Ryan kicked me in the face over and over again. His friends lifted me back onto my feet and Ryan began punching me in the face and torso a million miles an hour. He was relentless and my clothes were drenched in my blood. Ryan's friends then picked me up by my legs and arms and forcefully threw me to the ground. I was dragged by my arms to the fountain that was outside and my head was shoved underwater. I started flailing my arms and I connected with something hard. I heard a few bones crack and my wrist went numb. I was taken out of the water, thrown to the ground, and kicked in the stomach a few more times.

"Stay down bitch." One said.

"Fucking dog." Another spat.

"Go and die, you don't deserve Lauren." A third spoke stepping on my stomach.

"Fucking disgrace to the world. Do everyone and Lauren a favour you inbred piece of shit. Just rid yourself of this world." This voice sounded familiar and I knew it was Ryan. That one got to me for some reason and I just felt defeated. The third guy slammed his foot down onto my chest and I wailed in pain. Then someone spat on me and they all left.

Lisa's Pov

As soon as they left I ran outside to Keegan. I kneeled beside him and he looked completely worn out. He was groaning and blood was rushing down his face. His blue eyes were dull and it looked like he died inside. I helped him up and put his arm around my shoulders as I walked him into my house. I guessed I made a lot of noise because Alex, Christina, and Katherine were awake. When they saw Keegan they freaked out and bombarded me with questions. I told them I'd explain after we got Keegan cleaned up. Alex helped me bring Keegan upstairs to the washroom since it had no carpet. Dani was standing in the doorway to our room and she screamed. Keegan started to cough blood and I heard Lauren wake up. We rushed him into the bathroom so she wouldn't freak out and Dani went to try and cover for us. He sat on the side of the bath and I helped him pull off his tank top. It was covered in blood and I threw it into the sink beside me. He was wheezing and Christina came in with ice and some old towels. Keegan kept groaning through his wheezing and I felt so bad for him. He grabbed my hand abruptly with his and held it tightly. I rubbed his back lightly to calm him down and slowly his grip loosened but he didn't let go. He was covered in all of his blood and some of it was starting to dry. We had to get all of the blood off so we helped him sit in the bath and took the removable shower head off the holder. Alex turned the water to medium first while Keegan tilted his head up. All of the blood started washing away and sliding in a stream to the drain. As the blood washed away his injuries showed atbthe full extent. His whole face was bruised, his right eye was swollen and bloodshot, and he had a shallow gash on his right cheek. Alex handed me his shampoo he uses and I put it into Keegan's hair so he'd feel a little cleaner. Alex brought him some shorts he could wear and a sweater. I turned away and after Alex helped him change I turned back around and handed him an ice pack to hold against his stomach. Then I held an ice pack to the back of his neck. His breathing began to return normal again.

"Thanks for watching over me Lisa." He spoke through his heavy breaths.

"No need to thank me. I'll always be here for you." I reassured him.

He laid his forehead on my shoulder and I put my arm around him and held him. He was sobbing silently and I just told him everything was alright and kept trying to calm him down. His hair was soaked and my shirt was becoming damp but I wasnt going to just leave him. Then we heard a scream and uncontrollable sobs. It was Lauren.

Keegan's Pov

Lauren looked terrified and Lisa helped me stand up. I walked over to Lauren who had her hands covering her face and pulled her into a hug. I held her closely and she was really tense but she slowly relaxed as she realized she was in my embrace. I loosened my grip and I felt her arms wrap around me and pulled me close again. I felt Lisa lightly touch my back as she went downstairs to leave us alone. I kissed Lauren's forehead as we pulled apart and she helped me walk to her room. Her grip on my hand was very tight and I probably looked like crap. Dani was inside crying against her pillow. She heard me and got down from her bed slowly wiping her tears away. I held my arms out tobher and she walked into them collapsong againt me and crying into my chest.

"Shhh Dani, I'm okay, I'm okay." I cooed to calm her down.

"Keegan... you looked so hurt, I thought we may lose you, I was so scared, I was so scared." She kept saying.

"Dani, I'm alright okay, I won't ever leave you and your craziness, I won't leave your family, I'll always be here okay?" I reassured her softly.

"I love you Keegan, you're an amazing weirdo." Dani spoke sweetly.

"I love you too. Now go and get some sleep okay? I'm alright." I told her as she squeezed me one last time before hopping back into bed.

I gave her a kiss on the forehead and she snuggled into her sheets with a smile on her face. Lauren was already in her bed and I laid next to her wincing a little. I tried to turn to her but it sent a pain through my stomach and I groaned quietly. Lauren's eyes darted to me full of worry as she turned over to face me. I used my arm to pull her closer to me and  she snuggled up next to me. She kissed my cheek over and over again until I turned my face and our lips met. I forgot about the pain and only cared about this moment. I wrapped my other arm around her and kissed her for as long as possible. We pulled away and she was talking about the X games. I was trying to stay awake but my eyes grew heavy and my breathing slowed until I passed out from fatigue.

Lauren's Pov

I was talking about X Games and how I was going to miss him when I felt him relaxing a lot. I looked over at him and his eyes were closing slowly. Then his breathing slowed and I heard his soft snores as his chest expanded and contracted. He snuggled up against me like a big adorable teddy bear. A little while later I felt myself feeling really sleepy and next thing you know, I was asleep.

Lisa's Pov

I told everyone what happened. How Ryan and four of his friends beat up Keegan and tried to drown him. We all agreed he could stay the night and we walked into mine, Dani, and Lauren's room. He was lying with Lauren with one arm hanging off the bed while the other was around Lauren. He looked in pain but peaceful at the same time, it was like Lauren was his painkiller.

Christian's Pov

I could tell keegan was in serious pain. His face is stiff and his wrist is either broken or just swollen. In the morning we were going to ask what Ryan and them said to him since Lisa heard some yelling before she ran out. After we'll clean him up again then bring him home and help him explain everything to his family.