Boy Next Door (Lauren Cimorelli love story)

Keegan Pov

Today I'm just chilling in my room like it's any other day. Yeah no, not even close. I live in Winnipeg, Canada and today I found out I'm moving to some place in California. Why right? My mom got a new job there so we're all forced to move there. I'm 15 and I'm leaving my best friends who I've known since pre k. I've already packed and I'm listening to some music waiting to leave.

"Keegan time to go!"

Yup that was my mom. She works for some big company. I forgot the name and she's flying down two days later like, really?

"I'm coming mom!" I yelled back down at her.

I looked at my room one last time and then went downstairs. I have two siblings, a younger sister Kylie, she's 7 and an older brother Carson he's 17 about to turn 18. I picked up Kylie and carried her outside to the taxi.

"But I don't wanna leave! Please Keegan let me staaaaay!" Kylie pleaded with tears running down her little face.

"Shh. Kylie, it's alright. You still have me and Carson. Besides, you'll meet really cool kids there and we'll live right near the beach too!" I said trying to cheer her up.

"Pwomise?" she questioned quietly.

"Yes, I pwomise." I cheekily mocked her.

All our stuff will be transported to our new house by the time we get there. Now it's time for the plane ride.

*at the airport*

"Flight 169 heading to California is ready for boarding." a voice coming over the intercom rang throughout the airport.

Kylie was already sleeping so I picked her up and carried her. Oh I forgot to mention, it's 5 in the morning. I yawned heavily and handed the lady our tickets and passports. She checked them and did all that mumbo jumbo saying have a nice trip, with that smile plastered on her face which never seems to leave.

"Thanks." I whispered to not wake up Kylie

The lady nodded and I gotnonto the plane. Carson sat in the window seat, I sat in the middle, and Kylie was on the outside.

"Hey little bro." Carson said quietly.

"Yeah?" I said close to falling asleep.

"When I leave for university, take care of Kylie okay? I don't want her being ignored when mom's not home and having a crappy childhood like we did..." He looked over at me sincerely and serious

"Of course, I'm already doing my best, I'll step it up though when it's just me and her to face the world." I smiled a little.

"I knew I could count on you, you'll be an amazing big brother, but not as good as me." He winked and pushed my shoulder lightly.

I leaned my head back and tried falling asleep. We had a 10h flight, I put my headphones on and pressed play. I instantly passed out.

*Just before the plane lands*

A/N hope you enjoyed the first part. Working on part 6 and 7rn. Give me suggestions for my story. :) bye!