Time to open up...

*The next day*

I ate dinner with my whole family yesterday and it was amazing. I was so glad my mom was finally home. She was only going to be home for a week but that was better than nothing. I woke up and went downstairs, wearing only boxer shorts but honestly it is my house so who cares. My mom was making pancakes and my eyes lit up like a little child. I gave her a kiss on the cheek, greeting her and helping myself to three pancakes. I ate ferociously, I couldn't help it I was really hungry. I had a fourth and put my dishes in the dishwasher before I ran upstairs and brushed my hair since it was a total mess. I left it droopy and went to my room. My stomach wound had finally closed and was healing but I had to cover the spots that the knife cut deeper still. I put the gauze on and taped it securely against my skin. I went to my closet and grabbed my dark blue eastbay shorts. I grabbed a long white nike tanktop, blue plain snapback, and my black adizero running shoes. I grabbed my raybands and my IPod and went out the door. I set my IPod to my jogging playlist which incuded a lot of rap, country, and a little pop. I put on my raybands and started jogging. I went all around our area and then to the beach. I circled back around which was a total of 6 miles. I kept getting looks from girls and hearing whistling sounds. I just ignored them because I only loved Lauren. I got home and went upstairs. I jumped into the shower because I smelt like crap from my run. I got out and dried my hair. I then used gel to start making my quiff. I ran my comb through until it looked right and I was satisfied with it. I went back to my room and decided what to wear. I chose my white Vlados, red skinny jeans, a plain white tanktop, black button up shirt that I left unbuttoned, and my black Nixon watch. I went to brush my teeth and after that I went to the Cimorelli's, I promised to tell them and now was the time.

*20 minutes later*

Christina Pov

*Knock Knock*

"I'll get it!" I yelled walking to the door.

Keegan stood there looking up at me with a saddened expression. I had an idea of what he's was going to tell us but I don't know how bad it is. I'll admit, he was a handsome young man and respectful. But something about him seemed hurt, wounded, and I think that's what he was going to tell us. I gave him. heartwarming smile and pulled him into a hug.

"Come in, I'll get the girls." I insisted.

He smiled at me and I went upstairs to get everyone. We came back down and he was sitting on the couch. He had his hands intertwined rolling his thumbs around eachother. I felt sympathy for him and braced myself for what he was going to tell us. We all sat down and he looked up and faced us. I could tell he was trying to put on a strong front by his facial expression. We waited patiently for him to start talking..

Keegan Pov

I looked up and put on a strong front. I was going to try to keep it up for as long as possible, I knew I would end up breaking down soon. I took a few deep breathes and started...

"Okay so, I have something to tell you that is a very... touchy subject for me. Uhm, only my family and my best friends from home know." I paused, took another deep breathe and continued.

"The cross that you've seen me wearing was my dad's. He served in the military for 20 years. He was finally at home full time. I was twelve at the time. For those twelve years I was scared to death that I would lose him. Each day he was stationed I was praying and hoping he would come home safe. He finally did and I thought finally, my dad's home for good and he's safe. My dad and I were close but after he came home we became even closer. My dad and I were closer than my friends and I or even my siblings and I. He taught me how to play guitar, piano, sing, etc. I was the happiest kid having my dad with me. That was until last year on February 20, 2013. I was at home with my mom finishing up homework in my room. I had walked downstairs to ask my mom what was for dinner but she never replied. So I called out for her while I walked around the house until I found her at the front door. Thing is, she wasn't alone, there was a a policeman there and he told me that.... that.... that..." I tried to spit the words out but nothing came out. Tears started falling down my face as my once strong front broke and disappeared. I tried again.

"... that my dad, h-he had been killed. He was driving and a drunk driver went through a red light. He was going 110km/h and he connected with my dad's car door. My dad's car flipped three times before it stopped. They told me... the told me that he, he was killed instantly. He had severe head trauma and his skull had been impaled in two different places, his neck snapped, and his spine cracked in two places. He was crushed in the car he drove and I never got to say goodbye to him." I put my head into my hands and bawled. I didn't even bother looking back up as I forced myself to continue.

"I went into severe depression. I would go to school with my head down because I could feel people staring at me. I didnt want to hear people's condolences because I knew that they didn't understand the level of pain I was experiencing. I would go home and lock myself in my room. I would put my headphones on and listen to music to try and drown out the world." My voice cracked and I held out my arms.

"I would cut...cut a lot. It felt as though a release of pain that was held inside of me. Carson found out and helped me stop. I isolated myself from the world. I became severely shy and I always had a pained expression on my face. I felt as though I was broken. As though my heart had been shattered and nothing could replace it. This cross was sitting on my bed the day of the cover video. My dad never took it off in his life, he would always tell me, this is what keeps me strong. It reminds me to stay strong and that God is with me. It symbolizes God's love as my love for you and your siblings and your mom. It was the only thing I had left of my dad and it's what makes me feel like he's still her, like he's here by my side again." I finished and stayed silent. I held my head in my hands and cried. They all walked over to me and hugged me.

"You have all of us here now, we won't go away and we're always here for you. We love you and our whole family adores you. You're an amazing young man and we're happy you moved here." Christina said as the others joined in saying why they loved me.

"Thanks guys, I'm getting over it slowly and it's thanks to amazing people like you all." I replied

"I want to cover a song." I quietly announced.

"What song were you thinking of covering?" Lisa inquired.

"Crooked Smile. It's by J. Cole." I responded.

"We can put it up on our channel if you want." Christina offered.

"I don't want to inconvenience you." I informed.

"It's no problem. It really isn't. Come on, lets go help you get started." Christina protested and I knew the choice was final.

A/N Hey everyone! Kind of a sad chapter. I'm working on the next three chapters. Next chapter will be short but the next two will be longer. Hope you enjoyed this journey so far bye!