Undercover Lolita (6)

"Excuse me, but-" Celeste began, speaking to another lolita hostess outside the café. 

   "I am so sorry, but, you have already spent your time here at home, princesses," the hostess interrupted with a cheerful smile.

   "This is serious! It's an emergency!" Kaede said frantically. "One of our friends, she just...disappeared out of nowhere!"

    "Have you looked everywhere?" the hostess asked, still grinning. 

   "Yes, but...she has not turned up!" Sonia said. "Please! We are very frightened for her!"

   "Hmhmhm...I'm sorry! There isn't much I can do about it," the hostess responded with a happy giggle. 

    "Y-you're not even going to t-try to help us?!" Mikan exclaimed incredulously. 

   "I would love to, but...I have to take care of other matters!" the hostess answered. "I don't wish to be rude, but you'll have to leave!" Though the hostess appeared cheerful, her grin seemed threatening. The girls left the building in dismay. 

   "I-Is it me, or...did she seem...kinda scary?" Ibuki asked. 

    "They are obviously hiding something," Celeste said thoughtfully. "Otherwise, she would not have been so unwilling to help us."

    "She really did seem like she wanted us gone," Tsumugi agreed. 

    "So, are you saying that she knows what happened to Himiko?" Sayaka asked.

    "I am not sure, but we had better find out fast," Celeste replied. 

    "But how?" Tsumugi asked. "What do we do now?"

    "We should call the police, of course!" Mikan squeaked. "Himiko's life is on the line!"

   "Yes! I agree with Mikan!" Sonia said. 

    "I'm on it!" Kaede said, immediately taking action as she reached for her phone. Celeste, however, placed her hand on Kaede's. Kaede looked at her in surprise.

   "I do not think that is the best course of action," Celeste said. 

   "What do you mean?!" Tsumugi demanded. 

   "The police will not be much help," Celeste said. "They are not going to believe us. And, if something bad has happened to Himiko, it will already be too late by the time they do finally believe us." 

   "So...what do we do, then, Celeste?" Sonia asked. Celeste eyed each of them with a serious expression. 

   "We tell Kokichi," she finally answered.