Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (3)

Once at the top of the mountain, Miu stepped out and stood a few feet in front of Kaito and Kokichi's car. She reached into her shirt.

   "Ready..." she said, unhooking her bra. She removed it completely and hovered it high over head. "Set...GO!!" She waved her bra like a flag, and the boys were off. Kaito sped away in front of Kokichi. 

    "Hahaha! Hope you're hungry, Kokichi, cuz you're about to eat my dust!" Kaito hollered excitedly as he looked in the rearview mirror at Kokichi behind him. Miu began flying her drone down the mountain, following the race. At the bottom of the mountain, Maki and Himiko were the only ones not looking at their phones.

   "Himiko, what's wrong?" Kiki asked. "Why aren't you watching the race?"

   "I'm too scared," Himiko replied, wringing her skirt in her hands with worry.

   "Maki, you too?" Kiki asked.

   "I'd...rather not see it if something bad happens," Maki mumbled. 

   "You mean...if Kaito loses?" Kiki asked.

   "I don't care if he wins or loses, I just want him to make it back in one piece," Maki said. 

   "Same with Kokichi," Himiko muttered nervously. 

    "Well, I'll watch it for you guys!" Kiki said. "Can I borrow one of your guys' phones?" Himiko gave Kiki her phone so that she could watch. Kiki sat down on a rock and watched the race with wide-eyed fascination. "Whoooaaa!! Those two are burning serious rubber!"

   "Nyeh...wh-who's winning?" Himiko asked nervously. Kiki's shoulders slumped.

   "Aww...so far, Kaito is," she replied. Maki snapped to attention and leaned down to look at Himiko's phone.

   "Kaito's winning?!" she breathed, Kiki smiled and raised an eyebrow at her. 

   "I thought you didn't care if he wins or loses," she said.

   "Shh!" Maki said briefly. Himiko even knelt down next to Kiki and watched, as well.

   "Come on, Kokichi! You can do it!" she shouted, suddenly invested in the race. Meanwhile, Kokichi and Kaito were headed towards their first curve. 

   "They're going really fast!" Kiki gasped as she stiffened with apprehension. "If they don't slow down, they're gonna go flying off the mountain!" Himiko and Maki eyed each other with worry, then began biting their fingernails. As Kaito hit the curve, he drifted his car around the curve. Kokichi, on the outside of Kaito, drifted his car around both the curve and Kaito, barely missing the edge of the mountainside.

   "KOKICHI!!!" Himiko screamed in horror, covering her eyes and peeking through her fingers. Even Maki was tight-lipped, and some color had drained from her face. Kiki laughed with excitement seeing her cousin expertly drifted around Kaito and the corner, and sped ahead of Kaito.