Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (9)

"Uh...what's this?!" The boys huddled around Kazuichi after Kiki showed him her rough sketch. 

   "It's my kart, duh!" Kiki thrusted her hand on her hip and raised a brow.

   "Okay, but...why does it look like a...butt, or something?" Kazuichi said, turning the paper at various angles as if it would help him understand the sketch better.

   "It's not a butt, it's an apple!" Kiki scoffed, throwing her hands into the air.

   "An apple?" Kaito said. "Why an apple?"

   "I'll explain that later, but...do you think we can build it?" Kiki folded her hands together in hopeful excitement. Kazuichi scratched his head in thought while studying the drawing closely.

   "Mmm...I guess I can try," he finally answered. "Alright! Just let me take care of this, and I'll be back with the blueprints tomorrow!"

   ***

   "No, no, no! That's the steering wheel!" Kazuichi said to Kaito. It was late next morning, and the boys had woken up in the early hours of the morning to work on Kiki's kart. Kazuichi helped build, but also went around observing the other boys' work, helping them out whenever they needed it. 

   "Oh! Well...it's not my fault I can't think straight!" Kaito huffed. "It's hot out here, and I'm thirsty!" Right as he said that, Himiko came out with two glasses of lemonade in her hands. "Hey! Thanks, Himiko!" Kaito reached his hand out, but Himiko walked past him and handed the two glasses to Kokichi and Kiki instead. 

   "Nyeh...here you go, Kokichi," Himiko said. "You, too, Chibi-Kichi."

   "Awwww, thanks, Monkey Buns!" Kokichi gave Himiko a kiss on her cheek as he took the glass. 

   "Yeah! Thanks, Himiko!" Kiki said.

    "Heeeey! What about us?!" Kaito exclaimed. "We're dyin' out here!"

    "As Supreme Lady, it's my duty to serve only the Supreme Leader...and his cousin," Himiko replied. 

    "So...the Supreme Lady is subservient to the Supreme Leader?" Gundham asked curiously. 

   "Sounds like someone's stuck in the '50s," Fuyuhiko chuckled. 

   "Believe me, I'm subservient to her, too," Kokichi muttered, taking a sip of lemonade. "I'm the one that had to help her unclog the toilet yesterday."

   "H-Hey! You said we weren't going to speak about that again!" Himiko stammered.

   "Uh...no, I didn't," Kokichi said. "We never agreed on anything like that."

   "Well...you should already know not to speak about it!" Himiko said. "It's part of the Supreme Leader/Supreme Lady code of honor!"