Tsumugi's Anime and Manga Lesson (1)

"Aaaand...there! That's how you make an origami turtle!" Kiki said as she finished the final fold of her paper turtle. She and Angie were sitting at the dining hall table, and Kiki was showing her how to create origami animals. She handed Angie the bright yellow turtle.

   "Oh, my, Chibi-Kichi! This is absolutely amazing!" Angie exclaimed, beaming at the turtle. "Atua has blessed you with a wonderful gift!"

   "Weeeell...it wasn't Atua so much as it was being forced to make origami art at my school," Kiki said with a small shrug. "But, I'm glad you like it!"

   "You should be proud, Chibi-Kichi!" Angie said. "Not everyone can make art using origami! I can't even do it, and I'm the Ultimate Artist!" She patted Kiki's head. "I will cherish this always!" Kiki smiled modestly at her in response.

   "Thanks," she said. At that moment, Kirumi entered the dining hall. 

  "Angie, Kiki, it is time for dinner," she announced. 

   "I will inform everybody!" Angie chirped and bounced away from her seat. Kiki followed Kirumi into the kitchen. Kirumi handed her a bowl of ramen, and a pair of chopsticks. Kiki thanked Kirumi and headed back to the dining hall. On her way there, some of the others walked past her, one of them being Tsumugi. Tsumugi eyed Kiki briefly, and haughtily flipped her hair at her. Kiki rolled her eyes as she entered the dining hall and sat back down in her seat. 

   "Hey, Chibi-Kichi!" Kokichi said as he and Himiko walked by. He stopped to ruffle her hair. "How's it goin,' kiddo?" Kiki smiled at him. 

   "Good!" she replied. "I showed Angie some origami!"

   "Booorriiiiinnnng!!" Kokichi teased. 

   "Oh? And what were you and Himiko doing that was so fun?" Kiki asked with a smirk. 

   "Himiko and I were making out in my room," Kokichi replied with a smirk of his own. Kiki cupped her hands around her mouth.

   "More booorrriiinnng!!" she replied. Kokichi laughed and kissed her forehead before walking with Himiko to the kitchen to grab their dinner.

   "Nyeh...we weren't making out!" Himiko whispered to Kokichi. "Why'd you tell her that?!"

   "Nee-heehee...I just wanted to see her reaction," Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. Soon after everyone grabbed their dinner and sat down, Angie held up her origami turtle. 

   "Look, everyone! Look what Chibi-Kichi made for me!" she said. 

   "You made that, Kiki?" Shuichi asked in astonishment. Kiki nodded and shrugged modestly.

   "Yeah, I guess," she replied. 

  "That is really impressive!" Keebo said. "Perhaps you can teach me the art of origami, Kiki! If I can't enjoy Japanese food, I have the ability to enjoy making Japanese art!"