Tsumugi's Anime and Manga Lesson (2)

The next afternoon, Tsumugi stomped over to the library with Kiki, Kokichi, and Himiko following behind. 

   "I can't believe I'm doing this," Kiki muttered under her breath. 

   "Well, believe it!!" Tsumugi said, turning around. Kiki flinched, surprised that Tsumugi heard her. "It's for your own good! You wouldn't be doing this if you would have just watched anime and read manga before!"

   "That's not even my fault, you weirdo!" Kiki said. "My parents don't let me watch TV, and when they do, it's only the stuff they wanna watch!"

   "Well, then...what's your excuse for not reading manga?" Tsumugi asked. Kiki sighed.

    "I go to a school...for rich kids...where they make us read a bunch of boring novels against our will," Kiki said. 

   "They don't make you read them outside of school," Tsumugi pointed out. Kiki squinted her eyes in disbelief at Tsumugi. 

   "She's probably used to reading only novels," Kokichi said. "Just shut up and keep walking, Tsumugi." Tsumugi glared at Kokichi, but didn't say anything more.

   "Thanks, Kokichi," Kiki whispered. Kokichi winked at her in response. Finally, they arrived at the library. Tsumugi opened the door forcefully, not even bothering to hold it open for the others, and marched right in. Kokichi rolled his eyes and held the door open for Himiko and Kiki. Tsumugi was waiting impatiently inside for Kiki. 

   "Well...what are you waiting for? Take me to the manga section, already!" Kiki whispered. 

   "I was going to do that! I was waiting for you!" Tsumugi hissed in reply. 

   "Ssshhh!!" the librarian hushed. Tsumugi scoffed at the librarian and marched over to the manga section. She cleared her throat and turned to Kiki.

    "Well...don't just stand there! Tell me what do you like to read about!" she demanded. Kiki frowned at her audacity to order her around as if she were some commoner. 

   "I like stories where the nerd dies a horrible, painful death," she replied with a wry smile. "Especially if the nerd is a girl with long, blue hair and an idiotic, airy voice." Himiko glanced in shock between Kiki and Kokichi. Kokichi, however, couldn't hide that amused grin on his face.

  "Well, since you obviously don't know what you're interested in, I guess I'll have to choose a manga for you," Tsumugi said with a disgusted scoff. She marched through the aisle, scoping out a decent manga for Kiki. Finally, she found one that caught her eye and picked it out. She handed it to Kiki. 

   "'Pretty Power Uni-Chan?!' " Kiki cried, grimacing as she eyed the cover. On the cover was a small, light pink unicorn with big, sparkly eyes and a shiny horn. "This looks stupid!" Tsumugi viciously snatched the book from her.