Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (End)

Kiki was about to cross the finish line when she looked up at the jumbotron and saw Mullet's kart wrecked and battered. She slammed on the brake before crossing the finish line. The crowd gasped and the whole stadium went quiet as if everyone was holding their breath. Shun zoomed past Kiki, crossing the finish line and yelling in triumph. Kiki reversed her kart until she pulled up next to Mullet.

   "What is she doing?" Kazuichi breathed in a stunned whisper. Mullet was in his kart, moaning in pain. Kiki exited her kart and helped Mullet out of his. She gently placed him into her kart. She removed her pink tie and used it to bandage his wounded arm. 

   "What...What are you doing?" he rasped. 

   "There's no reason we both can't finish the race," Kiki replied with a smile. She ran to the back of her kart and began pushing it towards the finish line. From the pit stop area, Kokichi grinned proudly at her.

   "Aw, she's helping him cross the finish line!" Kaede said. 

   "That's really sweet of her," Rantaro said.

    "Not only is she a good racer, she's also a good sport!" Mondo said. As Kiki pushed Mullet across the finish line, the crowd began to cheer. 

   "Thanks, Kiki," Mullet said with a pained, but grateful, smile on his face. 

    "Don't mention it," Kiki replied, patting his hand. 

   "Chibi-Kichi!" Kiki turned to see Kokichi and the others running towards her, along with two grownups with concerned looks on their faces, undoubtedly Mullet's parents. Kokichi wrapped Kiki in his arms and hugged her tightly. "You were amazing out there!! And you finally did it!! You drifted!!"

   "Way to go, kid!" Mondo cried. 

   "Indeed! Well done, wench of whimsy," Gundham said.

   "How'd it feel to drift?" Fuyuhiko asked.

    "It was swicked!" Kiki replied with a thumbs up. 

   "You bet it was!" Kaito said. "See? All you had to do was believe in yourself!"

   "And you still ended up losing!" Shun said with a nasty grin as he and his dad walked over to them. 

   "That's right, son. I'm proud of you," Shun's dad said. "I didn't raise my son to lose to a sissy, little girl."

   "Dude, seriously! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kaito demanded. 

   "For real! Kiki drove like a pro out there!" Mondo agreed. 

    "If anything, your kid is the one who's a sissy!" Kazuichi said. Shun's dad clenched his fist and thrust his face into Kazuichi's.