Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (4)

The next day, Kiki spent all morning riding her bike, trying to master the drift that Kokichi had done on the mountain. She rode up and down her street, and each time she turned the corner, she would turn her bike abruptly to the side, resulting her either falling off, or nearly wrecking her bike. 

   "Aki, dear, whatever are you doing?" asked Aunt Akiko, rushing out to check on her daughter. 

   "Oh! I'm just...trying to get the hang of riding my bike better," Kiki lied. 

   "Well, stop that!" Aunt Akiko said. "You're hurting yourself!"

   "Sorry, mom," Kiki apologized. She figured she wasn't going to get anywhere with her mom around. And learning to drift on a bike was probably a lot harder than doing it in a car. Suddenly, she brightened as an idea popped into her mind. "Um...can I go visit Kokichi again?"

   "Ohh...very well," Aunt Akiko replied. "But remember to be back by six o' clock!"

    "I will!" Kiki promised, hopping on her bike and speeding away before her mom could say anything else. She pedaled as fast and hard as her legs could carry her, riding with excitement all the way across town to Casa V3. Feeling the wind rush through her hair, she felt a thrill that she had never before felt coursing through her veins. She felt as if she were flying through the air like a dart hurtling towards the bull's eye. The speed of her bike alongside the long route made her laugh happily. How she loved this feeling! She finally made it to Casa V3, hopped off of her bike, and ran up to the doorbell. Shuichi answered the door.

   "Hey, Kik-OOF!!!" Kiki didn't have time to wait for Shuichi to let her in. She shoved him to the floor and ran off in the direction towards Kokichi and Gonta's room. She peeked inside, but Kokichi wasn't there. She ran back to Shuichi, who was still on the ground.

   "Hey, Shuichi, where's Kokichi?" she asked. 

   "He's...outside in the backyard...with Himiko," Shuichi said, struggling to get up. 

    "Are you okay?" Kiki asked. "Why is it taking you so long to get back up?"

   "You shoved me really hard!" Shuichi exclaimed, finally getting back on his feet. 

    "Wow! you reeeaaally need to work out more," Kiki said with a cheeky grin. "Aaaanyhoo, you said Kokichi was out back, right?" Shuichi nodded.

   "Yes, but he and Himiko wanted some alone time, I suppose, so you probably shouldn't disturb them," he explained.

   "Awwww..." Kiki groaned, slumping her shoulders. She ran to the dining hall and peeked out the back window. Sure enough, there were Kokichi and Himiko sitting underneath the tree on top of the hill in the backyard. Kokichi had his arm wrapped around Himiko's waist, whispering sweet talk to her, it seemed. Himiko would blush and bat her eyelashes every now and then before shyly turning away, while Kokichi would gently turn her chin back towards him and kiss her. Himiko would giggle and coyly push him away, making Kokichi kiss her cheek and neck. Kiki rolled her eyes.