Kokichi's Juvie Buddy (3)

The next afternoon, Kokichi and Himiko were sitting on the living room couch, watching TV. Kokichi had his arm wrapped around Himiko, who was leaning against him with her legs tucked underneath her. Suddenly, Kokichi's phone buzzed. He took it out and read the text message that had been sent to him.

   KOJI: Hey, man U comin? Jun's here. ;)

   Kokichi rolled his eyes and put his phone away without replying. He was still miffed at Koji for what he said about Himiko. 

   "Nyeh...who was that, Kokichi?" Himiko asked.

   "Eh...nobody," Kokichi replied, waving his hand dismissively. Himiko sat up.

   "Was it Koji?" she asked. "Was it about the party?" Kokichi sighed and nodded.

   "Yeah."

   "Oh! Well...are we going?" Himiko asked.

   "No," Kokichi replied firmly. "Besides, you don't need to be around them."

   "Why not? I can handle a little party," Himiko said. "I'm a bad girl, after all. You saw how impressed Koji was with me yesterday."

   "You're not going anywhere near there, Himiko, and that's that," Kokichi insisted. 

   "Why nooot?" Himiko whined.

   "Himiko, they're a bunch of juvenile delinquents," Kokichi sighed. "All they'll do is get you into a bunch of trouble. Stay away from them."

   "But, you get us into trouble sometimes, too," Himiko pointed out in a timid voice.

   "And I always get us out," Kokichi replied. "And unlike them, I have your best interest at heart," Kokichi said. He stood up. "Listen, Kaito's gonna drop me off at the dentist. On the way back, I'll pick up some snacks, and we can watch movies, like we did last time, okay?"

   "Well...alright," Himiko said. 

    "Good!" Kokichi replied. He leaned forward to give Himiko a kiss. "You just wait here and make yourself comfortable, Monkey Buns, okay?"

   "Okay, Kokichi," Himiko replied with a small smile.

   "Later, babe!" he said, waving goodbye as he entered the hallway. Himiko waved back. "Hey, idiot! I'm ready to go!" Kokichi called to Kaito. Kaito came in with an annoyed glare.

   "Stop callin' me an idiot!" he growled. "And you could thank me, y'know!" 

    "Nee-heehee...I could, but I won't!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. Himiko watched as Kokichi and Kaito exited the house. Then, she grinned impishly to herself.