Roses Are Red (1)

"Nyeh...how should I write this?" Himiko muttered under her breath in frustration as she erased the words on her paper for the umpteenth time. She had been sitting at her desk for almost an hour trying to come up with the perfect Valentine's Day poem for Kokichi. She was planning on surprising him tomorrow and was excited to see his reaction to her poem. As it turned out, writing a poem was actually a pain in the butt. "'Your eyes are...purple, like...' No! That's not it, either! Nyeeeh...I don't know what else is purple!" She erased the words again before letting out a heavy sigh. 

   "Heeeey, Monkey Buns!" Kokichi sang as he strolled into her room. 

    "NO!!" Himiko shouted in alarm, covering up her paper. "Get out!!!"

   "Why?" Kokichi asked with a smirk. "What'cha writing?" Himiko sighed and uncovered her paper.

       "What's the use in hiding it anymore?" she mumbled. "I was trying to write a surprise Valentine's Day poem for you, but...it was a lot harder than I expected." Kokichi leaned over to look at the poem, which was blemished with many eraser marks. He pointed to a scribbled line in the poem and squinted his eyes at it.

   "What does that say?" he asked. Himiko blushed with embarrassment. 

   "'A stream of happiness flows through me-heehee whenever I hear your nee-heehee,'" she muttered. Kokichi breathed a short laugh and facepalmed. "I know...it's bad."

   "Well, it's cute that you wanted to write a poem for me, but you don't have to do that, HimiCocoa Bean," Kokichi said. 

   "But I wanted to!" Himiko said. "You're always doing things for me! I wanted to do something for you for once!"

   "But you are doing something for me," Kokichi said. Himiko blinked at him in surprise.

   "I am?" she asked.

   "Mm-hmm." Kokichi leaned forward and started planting kisses all over Himiko's face, making Himiko squeal with delight. "You're being a cute, wittle Monkey Buns who says things like 'mAgIc,' and 'nYeH,' and it makes me so happy-wappy!" he said in a goofy voice. Himiko giggled as she playfully shoved his face away.

   "Stop it," she said in a bashful voice. 

   "Nee-heehee...but, seriously, Himiko, you don't have to do anything special," Kokichi said. "I already know how much you looove me." He started poking her arm. "Ooooo...you loooove me! You've got a crush on me! Oooooo!" he teased. Himiko smiled as she blushed and rolled her eyes.

   "Nyeh...okay, okay. You've made your point," she said. Kokichi chuckled and leaned forward to kiss her.

   "Besides...I've got something planned for you," he said. 

   "Well...you are good at making things romantic,' Himiko admitted. "It's a little hard for me to be excited about it, though, since I wanted to do something for you, too."

    "Eh, don't worry about it, HimiCocoa Bean," Kokichi assured, patting her hand. "You're my Supreme Lady, so you deserve the best! You and I are gonna have the best Valentine's Day ever tomorrow, and nothing, or nobody, is gonna get in our way!"

   "Well...okay," Himiko replied with a small smile. "I'll look forward to it then."

   "That's the spirit!" Kokichi said, kissing her cheek. "Welp, I gotta go get some stuff prepared, so I'll see you later!"

   "Bye, Panta Bear," Himiko said. With a stroke of her cheek, Kokichi left her room. Himiko sighed sadly. She really did want something to do for Kokichi. Something to show him how much she appreciated him. Maki suddenly appeared in the doorway, with some envelopes and various magazines in her hand.

  "Himiko, you've got some mail," she said, holding out an envelope to Himiko. Himiko took it from her.

   "Nyeh...thanks, Maki," she mumbled. Maki nodded briefly, then left. Himiko stared in shock and disbelief at the envelope, which had her name written on the front of it in fancy handwriting. She gulped, and flipped it around to see a red heart sticker keeping the flap sealed. Her hand shook as she reached for it to open the envelope. When she did, she pulled out a small, folded note and opened it. She caught a tiny whiff of cologne. It was definitely from her "secret admirer" from before she and Kokichi became a couple! Only this time, the poem was different. It read:

   Roses are red, but they can never compare

   To the velvety beauty of your red hair.

   Violets are blue, but not as profound

   As the blue that I feel when you're not around.

   Roses are red, violets are blue

   But none of that matters...because I have you.

  Love,

  Your Secret Admirer

   Himiko gasped softly. Again, she was struck with a beautiful, mysterious poem! But if she was sent another letter from her secret admirer, that must mean her hopes of Kokichi being the sender of the first letter were dashed. Someone else was after her heart! Angry tears filled her eyes, and she started ripping the note to shreds. Because of this stupid secret admirer, it was no longer a possibility that Kokichi had sent the first letter. And, how dare this secret admirer send her another letter when she was already in a relationship with Kokichi! She threw the shreds of the torn-up letter into the trash. She also took the first letter from when she wanted to believe Kokichi was her secret admirer and tore it up, as well. Somebody was out to destroy her relationship with Kokichi. Somebody was trying to get in their way. Whoever this secret admirer was was probably going to try and steal her heart tomorrow during whatever surprise Kokichi had in store for her. She wasn't going to let that happen. That would be her special something for Kokichi: saving their relationship.