Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (17)

"Racers, to the starting line!" the announcer said the next afternoon. 

   "See you guys after the finish!" Kiki called out to the boys and the other Casa V3 students, who decided to watch Kiki from the pit stop area. 

     "Knock 'em dead, Chibi-Kichi!" Kokichi said. 

    "Nyeh...but not literally," Himiko added.

    "I knew what he meant," Kiki said smiling and rolling her eyes. 

    "Give 'em hell, kid!" Mondo said. 

    "Show them true terror!" Gundham cried. 

   "Keep 'em on 10 and 2," Fuyuhiko joked, nodding his head towards Kiki's hands on the steering wheel. Kiki gave him a cocky smirk, removed one hand from the steering wheel, and placed the other at the top of the wheel. 

   "Midnight's where it's at," she said with a wink. Kokichi ruffled her hair.

   "D'oohhh...you li'l cutie pie!" he gushed.

   "Welp, see ya later, guys!" Kiki said and drove off with the others cheering her on. She took her place in the middle between Mullet and Shun. Shun glared daggers at her. 

   "Stupid girl," he muttered under his breath. The light changed from red, then yellow, and finally, to green. The three racers revved up their engines and sent their karts flying ahead. Mullet took the lead position, followed by Kiki, then Shun. After eight laps, Shun was becoming increasingly violent. He would rear-end Kiki's kart, trying to scare her, but Kiki would swerve, making sure to avoid him. Finally, he drove up next to her and rammed her kart against the wall repeatedly, gritting his teeth in anger and hatred.

    "Hey! What are you doing?!" Kiki exclaimed.

   "Hey! What is he doing?!" Kokichi yelled, watching the screen, wishing his eyes could shoot lasers at Shun. One of Kiki's rear tires popped, lavender rubber flying everywhere. 

   "Aaah!" Kiki shrieked. Shun laughed nastily at her.

   "Try winning with that!" he said, and drove ahead. 

   "Why, that dirty, rotten, little...grr...POOPHEAD!!!" Kazuichi exclaimed. 

    "Seriously?" Fuyuhiko asked. "'Poophead?' "

     "Well...he's a kid!" Kazuichi said. "It's not like I can call him a little bastard, or something! It'd just feel wrong...even if he is a little bastard."

    "Get the extra tires ready!" Kaito ordered. The boys rolled out the new tires and prepared them. With a flat tire, Kiki's kart hobbled like an old man with a limp back to the pit stop. Without words, the boys immediately switched all four tires.