Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (16)

"It seems like all three karts passed the finish line at the same time!" the announcer said. "Let's look at the replay!" The jumbotron showed Kiki, Mullet, and Shun's karts crossing the finish line in slow motion. The video replayed a couple more times so that the judges would have a better idea on who won. "It has been decided, folks," the announcer said. "It's a three-way tie between the Golden Eris of Chaos, the Retro Bro, and Kartzilla! There will be another race tomorrow to see who the next junior racing champion will be!" The crowd applauded. Kokichi and the other boys cheered as Kiki drove her kart back into the pit area. Kokichi knelt down and wrapped his arms around her.

   "Yeah! That's my little Speed Racer cousin!" he exclaimed. 

   "Congrats, Kiki!" Fuyuhiko said, giving Kiki a high five. "That was some serious racing you did out there!"

   "Yeah! I honestly didn't think you'd catch up, but you proved me wrong!" Kazuichi said. 

   "And tomorrow, you have another chance to claim victory," Gundham added. "You fought well, little wench of whimsy, but you will have to do much better in your final battle tomorrow."

   "And she will!" Kaito said. "You just gotta believe in yourself, Chibi-Kichi!"

   "Tuh...I ain't all about that mushy crap like believing in yourself, and all, but...you got some serious driving skills, little lady," Mondo said. "Shit, I'm thinkin' about gettin' you a hog for Christmas, or somethin!'"

   "Why...a pig?" Kiki asked, raising a brow.

   "Huh? Oh, nah! A hog is another word for motorcycle," Mondo explained.

   "Ooohhh!" Kiki said, nodding. "I guess that would pretty cool. And, thanks, guys. I wouldn't have done any of this if it weren't for you." The boys all smiled modestly and bashfully. They each gave Kiki a hug. Kazuichi sniffed as a tear fell from his eye.

   "Dude...are you crying?" Fuyuhiko asked.

   "N-No..." Kazuichi replied, looking away. "I-It's just allergies, that's all."

   "Oh? What are you allergic to?" Kokichi asked with a sly grin. 

   "Nosy troublemakers like you!" Kazuichi replied. 

   "Nee-heehee...that's weeiiird. I don't see you breaking out in hives, or anything," Kokichi said. 

   "M-My allergies work differently!" Kazuichi stammered defensively.

   "Hmph...it seems your 'allergies' flare up every time you watch Cosmic Quest," Gundham teased. 

   "Hey! You're a Questie, too?!" Kaito said to Kazuichi. Kazuichi blinked at him in surprise.

  "You are?!" he exclaimed.

   "Hell, yeah!" Kaito exclaimed. "Hey, we can go on a Questie marathon someday!"