Goth Ball(7)(Goth Girl AU)

"Kaede, I still don't understand. Why did you lie to Maki and Himiko?" Shuichi asked as he and Kaede walked home from school together. 

    "Becaaauuuse, Shuichi, I think it's adorable that they have crushes on Kaito and Kokichi!" Kaede answered gleefully. "Besides, did you see how they just...came to life like they did when they first saw the boys? It was so cute!"

   "If you say so, Kaede," Shuichi replied with a smile, shaking his head. 

   "And, if I'm being honest, their cynical attitudes were kinda...getting annoying," Kaede continued. "Maybe Kaito and Kokichi will be able to brighten them up a little, y'know?"

   "It's possible, I suppose," Shuichi answered, though he sounded uncertain. At that moment, Kaede and Shuichi heard loud, rap music. They turned to see the jet black Skyline speeding up towards them. They watched apprehensively as the car pulled up next to them. Without a word, Maki and Himiko exited the car, grabbed Shuichi and Kaede, shoved them into the backseat, then entered the car again before Maki sped off. 

   "W-Where are you taking us?!" Kaede demanded.

   "Shut up," Maki replied briskly. Soon, she drove into a suburban neighborhood, and pulled into a two-story house painted in a bright yellow with a peach-colored rooftop. 

   "Wow...you guys live here?" Shuichi asked, raising his eyebrows in surprise at the cheerful-looking house. 

   "Nyeeeeh....don't remind us," Himiko muttered. "Follow us." Shuichi and Kaede followed Maki and Himiko into the house. As they did, a tall woman with long red hair greeted them. 

   "Himiko, darling! Maki! You're home!" she said. "And you've brought company! Who are your friends?"

    "None of your BUSINEEEEESSSSSS!!!" Himiko roared. "Nyeeeeeh...stay out of my life, mother!!"

     "Mmm-hmhmhm...okay!" Himiko's mom chuckled. "Well, if you want any cookies, they'll be waiting for you on the kitchen counter, 'kay?"

     "Nyeeeeh...whateveeeerrrrrr!!" Himiko groaned in frustration. She turned to Kaede and Shuichi. "Just follow us!"

   "Okay! Okay!" Shuichi said, holding his hands up in defense. Kaede and Shuichi followed Maki and Himiko as they stomped up the stairs and into a large, gothic-style, red room with two black canopy beds. The blinds on the window were shut tight. Instead of turning the lights on, Maki and Himiko lit up some candles to dimly light the room. 

    "Whoa! Nice room you two have!" Kaede marveled as she looked around. 

     "We wanted to have it in the basement, but, my aunt wouldn't let us," Maki grumbled.

    "Nyeeeeh...my mom doesn't understand us," Himiko muttered.

    "Nobody does," Maki sighed dramatically. Kaede rolled her eyes. She was tired of hearing Maki and Himiko's wannabe attitude. She had to agree with Hiyoko in that it felt they were trying too hard to be goth, as if they didn't know that goth people are actually normal, like everyone else.