Roses Are Red (End)

Himiko woke up the next morning. It was Valentine's Day! She thought of wearing something special for Kokichi, but she didn't know what. She hopped out of bed to go to her closet, but her heart skipped a beat when she saw what was hanging on the door. It was a deep red sleeveless dress with a flared, knee-length skirt. Attached to the dress was another envelope. Himiko growled and snatched the envelope to open it and read the next letter:

   Roses are red, just like this dress

   I want to see your beautiful self look your best.

  Violets are blue, just like the sea,

   But nowhere near as deep as my feelings for you inside of me.

   Roses are red, violets are blue,

   And that's as true as the love that I have for you.

   Love,

   Your Secret Admirer

   Himiko scoffed and rolled her eyes. The audacity of this guy! And how did he sneak a dress into her room while she was sleeping? What was he, a ninja?! Himiko ripped up that letter, as well. She then grabbed a pair of scissors and started cutting the dress until it was cut to shreds. 

   "There!" she said, breathing heavily. She ran to her window and looked out of it, hoping to catch her "secret admirer." "Leave me alone!!" she screeched, shaking her little fist out the window. She then went back to her closet and pulled out a gray sweater and some sweatpants. She didn't even do her hair. She made herself look as disheveled as possible so that her "secret admirer" would be disgusted by her. She marched downstairs, bumping right into Kokichi. He looked slightly taken aback.

   "Um...Himiko, what are you wearing?" he asked. "That's not what I-"

   "Nyeeeh...I'm gonna wear this all day!" Himiko interrupted. Kokichi blinked in surprise at her.

   "Wait, but...you didn't have anything...special...to wear for today?" he asked carefully.

   "Nope!" Himiko replied, crossing her arms. "I'm sorry, Kokichi, but I'm wearing this to whatever surprise you're throwing for me! It's really important!" Kokichi frowned in confusion. 

   "Um...ooookay?" he mumbled. His shoulders slightly dropped with disappointment. "Well...for my surprise, meet me at the gazebo in the backyard at 7:00 tonight."

   "I will be there!" Himiko said with a firm nod.

   "Oh, and, Himiko...?" Kokichi began.

   "What?" Himiko asked. 

    "If you're gonna come, could you at least brush your teeth?" Kokichi asked, waving his hand in front of his nose. Himiko's hands shot up to her mouth.

   "Nyeh...sorry," she mumbled sheepishly before dashing away to go brush her teeth.