Kokichi's Juvie Buddy (2)

The little bell above the door jingled softly as Kokichi and Himiko arrived at Cookies 'n' Cream. Before leaving Casa V3, Himiko had changed her outfit to something she thought a female juvenile delinquent would wear. A few customers were inside, enjoying some ice cream. Himiko craned her neck, looking around for someone who could possibly be a juvenile delinquent, but everyone looked like regular, normal people.

   "What are you doing?" Kokichi asked, raising a brow at her.

   "I'm looking for Cujo," Himiko whispered in response. Kokichi uttered a short, breathy laugh.

   "His name is Koji, Himiko, and he's sitting right over there," Kokichi corrected, pointing to a boy sitting at a table across the parlor. He looked around the same height as Kokichi. His hair was dark blue, his bangs covering one of his ruby-red eyes. He wore a baggy hoody and tight jeans. He was scooping out some chocolate ice cream out of a styrofoam cup.

   "That's him?!" Himiko whispered incredulously. "He just looks like a regular, old kid!"

    "Nee-heehee...so do I," Kokichi pointed out. "What did you expect?"

   "Nyeh...I dunno, some super-huge buff guy with a bunch of tattoos and piercings!" Himiko said. Kokichi clamped his hand around Himiko's shoulder and hung his head as he sighed deeply. 

   "Let's get this over with," he muttered. "And, Himiko, no offense, but try not to speak too much, okay?"

   "Why?" Himiko asked. "Oh! Will your friend be intimidated by my record?"

   "Himiko...you don't have a record," Kokichi said.

   "Yeah, I do! My detention thing...remember?" Himiko said. "Nyeh...I might as well be in the system." Kokichi laughed and shook his head. 

   "Okay, well...don't mention your 'record,' or anything like that to him, okay?" he said. "Just act natural."

   "Nyeh...natural, got it!" Himiko said, giving Kokichi a thumbs-up. Kokichi took a deep breath. He had a weird feeling about all of this, but he nevertheless took Himiko's hand in his and led her over to Koji. 

   "Kobayashiiii!" Kokichi said. Koji looked up and grinned. 

   "Oumaaaa, what's up?" he replied as they greeted each other. 

   "Nyeh...I thought his name was Koji," Himiko whispered to Kokichi. 

   "Tch...Kobayashi is his last name, bonehead," Kokichi whispered back. 

    "Ohhh...right!" Himiko said. Koji nodded at Himiko.

   "So, who's the skirt, Ouma?" he asked. 

    "Koji, this is my girlfriend, Himiko," Kokichi replied. "Himiko...this is Koji."