Chapter 54: Ruhi's past

It was around 3 pm when Vivan entered the room after completing work, Ruhi was packing. Ruhi smiled at him,
Vivan: I completed my work before time,
Ruhi: to know my past,
Ruhi said while smiling, Vivan smiled nervously,
Ruhi: why are you so desperate to know?
Vivan: aren't you, to know about my past?
Ruhi: so when you gonna tell?
Vivan: when times come,
Ruhi: take your time,
Vivan smiled and sat on bed, he tapped the place beside him, Ruhi sat beside him, Vivan was desperately waiting but Ruhi wanted to tease him.
Vivan: speak up girl,
Vivan said whinningly,
Ruhi: what do you want to know?
Vivan: from the start to end, and please don't leave anything especially pain.
Ruhi stare at him for moment and started,
Ruhi: my family was so sweet and middle class family, we were happy. I was just 4 years old at that time but still I can clearly remember that day, we were coming back from a dinner party and something had happened. Mom and Dad were arguing very badly, I was crying because of this while sitting on my mom's lap. Dad was shouting at Mom and she was crying too, she fighting too, suddenly our car got hit by a truck. My Mom hugged me to cover me by her body. When I opened my eyes Mom was lying in blood but she never left me, I was crying and telling Mom to woke up. Dad came towards us while crawling, he kissed my mom and took me from her hold. He kissed me too and said, 'mummy daddy loves you beta, sorry were leaving you', he said and throw me from car on road. I ran towards the car crying but before I could reach the car blasted, infront of me my parents died in that fire. I witnessed everything, it was so horrible, my dad save my life instead of his.
Ruhi was crying badly, Vivan hugged her, Ruhi hugged him back tightly.
Vivan: is it why you hate arguments and scared of cars?
Ruhi nodded,
Ruhi: I miss them Vivan, I miss them so much.
Vivan: I guarantee you, they are missing you too and they are proud of you.
Ruhi cried more, Vivan patted her back, after some time she broke the hug.
Ruhi: my reletives denied to take my responsibility, I was shifted to orphanage, orphanage children used to bully me and treat me like a outcast or like a mad person because of my mental health. After witnessing my parents death, I was gone in shock, I don't understand anything, I can't eat by myself, can't walk, can't talk, I was just a dead body.
Tears rolled down from Vivan's eyes,
Ruhi: but happiness again returns to my life in the form of my new parents, The doctor said that Mom can't get pregnant because of some issues. Both mom and dad were heartbroken, mom used to blame and curse herself but dad always used to say that,' if god don't want then what you can do, leave it thinking god have better plan for us'. But mom was not able to control herself, her mental state was getting bad. That time dad decided to adopt a child, mom was so happy, both came to orphanage where I was. I was sitting in a wheelchair when they saw me and asked about me, The orphanage taker said 'I'm a feeble minded person' and told them about my past. Mom dad decided to adopt me, when my taker asked 'why her?' then they said god sent them to change someone's life and they will become my parents by giving me another life. And they did also, they give me another life, they struggle alot to give me life but they never give up, at the end their hard work paid off. We became a happy family, very happy then suddenly a miracle happened, mom got pregnant. We are so happy, mom dad thought it was because of me, they thought me as a Lakshmi. Before donating anything they will make me touch it, same with mom's food. Finally Divya was born, everyone loved her so much, we had very good bond, Divya was with me most of time, my mom used to say that I'm her second mom.
Vivan: on that day when we were at a party and you were holding a girl, you remembered her, right?
Ruhi nodded,
Ruhi: everything was going well, But then one day Divya got to know that I'm not her biological sister, I think 3 years back. She suddenly started distancing herself, she was feeling like I don't deserve our parents only she deserves, and I'm a outcast. I didn't know this so I carried on to love her, she used to ignore me, humiliate me, behave rudely. I didn't want mom dad to stress up, so I didn't say anything, Divya used to like a guy during college time. She was happy and I was happy for her, we were in the same college so only I knew this. But that guy proposed me infront of everyone, I was shocked, and unfortunately Divya saw that. When I saw her I ran to her to explain, but she walked away, I went behind her but she was so angry to listen. When I held her hand, she jerked it and shouted at me, she said I always came in between her and mom dad, she didn't get the love she deserves because of me, I destroyed her happiness everytime. She said I'm an orphan and should behave like that, she said infront of whole college, it hurt me alot. On the spot she realises her act, but she was so angry that she left. Her words work as knife to kill my heart, I distance with everyone in house so Divya could get the love she want. My behaviour felt strange to my family but I ignored their questions or make an excuse. I used to talk less with Divya and avoid her and she also never tried. After one year dad decided to teach me how to drive, I denied but he didn't listen to me. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat, I started to feel uncomfortable. I started driving and past memories started flashing infront of me, I couldn't control the car and had a small accident. This worsened my trauma, for 3 months I was not in my right sense, I was not able to recognise anyone. You have seen me in this state, right?
Vivan nodded while controlling his tears,
Ruhi: that time Divya got to know my past, reason of my adoption, and everything happened in past before she born. After I regained sense Divya apologise me and I forgive her, but I don't know why I was not able to forget her words, we never become same.
Vivan: Divya said you agree for this marriage because of her, how?
Ruhi: when dad said I got marriage proposal, I immediately agree to marry because I want go away from there.
Vivan: so Divya could have everything she want,
Ruhi: everything is hers only, I came in between and snatch it from her.
Vivan: what if she don't think like that now?
Ruhi: I don't know, I'm happy here and I don't want anything more.
Vivan: this all is yours, I'm yours! Every part of me belongs to you and everything related to me belongs to you, my love.
Ruhi looked at him emotionally,
Vivan: I love you! And I will always, your my home, my peace, my life, happiness, everything.
Ruhi didn't expect this, Ruhi smiled because for now she don't know about her side of love, and he understands it. Vivan hugged her,
Vivan: my wife tolerate this much pain?
Ruhi nodded, Vivan kissed her forehead,
Vivan: not anymore,
Ruhi smiled, Vivan find it so cute and he kissed her cheek, Ruhi widen her eyes.
Vivan: I'm sorry! Your so cute, I couldn't control.
Ruhi smiled nervously, with evening flight they all returned back.