Beet Cookie x Farmer!Reader

C/N COOKIE POV

Alright! Done at last. Did I do everything? Hm, I think so. Gathered herbs and veggies, watered them and all the usual things. My friend Carrot Cookie and I live on a farm together, and we both work hard for it. We care a lot about this. Today was a pretty normal day, nothing out of the ordinary. Except for one thing. Some of our hardly earned food will be sold today. Of course, this wasn't all too new. Selling days came around regularly. Though Carrot Cookie has said to be extra productive this time for no reason in particular. She's just full of energy when it comes to farming.

So we set up a stand outside the house with all the vegetables. And it went even better than it does usually! We even almost ran out, so Carrot Cookie asked me to harvest a few extra ones. I went to the backyard, tools in hand and ready to work. However I noticed a few carrots were missing. Wait, missing? No, I must've just miscounted. Though there was a tiny piece of beet lying on the ground. Whatever. First I tended to the celery.

Celery... check! I turned around to the small potato field. While harvesting them, it also seemed like half of them were missing. And again, there was a small piece of beet. What is it with me today! Think I'm starting to hallucinate... Anyway, I put all of the potatoes in a bucket, along with the celery. With the weigh under my arm, my legs carried me back to Carrot Cookie and our little stand. She looked at me with a smile. "Great job, bestie! You can go rest in the house now, I'll take it from here."  I asked if she was really sure, after all this would be easier with two Cookies. But she reassured me it was fine.

I entered the house, and took off my shoes. With a sigh, I plopped onto the couch and started reading a book. After a few chapters, my gaze tore from the book. Why were there pieces of beet on the fields? That's so strange! Now that I think of it, do we even have beet? My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening. I quickly got up. It doesn't happen often, but some Cookies went to our house directly to buy stuff. "Welcome! What can I do for.." In front of me was Carrot Cookie, holding another Cookie by the cape they were wearing. Their green eyes laid on me and they stopped struggling against her grip.

"This little thief has been robbing our hard earned vegetables again!" My best friend shouted angrily. "Again?" I asked in astonishment. "You never told me anything about that!" She blinked. "Ohh. Yeah. That was when you were on vacation. Anyway, this is Beet Cookie." Carrot Cookie explained everything else. I looked at Beet Cookie. "So I didn't miscount! And that also explains the little pieces of beet lying around." They nodded slightly. "Yes..." Was that a blush on their face?

"Well, I suggest we let them off with a warning." It took a whole lotta convincing towards Carrot Cookie, but eventually she let Beet Cookie go. We gave them some vegetables and other supplies. Beet Cookie hugged me in thanks, without saying anything. You could tell how suprised I was. But Carrot Cookie interrupted the moment by telling them to leave. A last glance at me, and Beet Cookie was gone. Everything went by so fast! But I couldn't get my thoughts off of them. There was something special about that Cookie..