Cheddar Cheese Cookie x Reader

(First time writing about an NPC!)

3RD / NO ONES POV

C/N Cookie blew a raspberry in boredom. They were on the holiday express to take a nice break from work, along with their partner Cheddar Cheese Cookie and brother Macaroni Cookie. All hoped to use their time with each other. The two detectives however, didn't have time to spend with their H/C-ette companion. It turns out a murderer is on this train and has found their first victim. But despite how scary this is, there's really only one bad thing about this, which makes E/C eyes slightly narrow in unhappiness. 

Now both Cheddar Cheese Cookie and Macaroni Cookie are busy working on this case. Meaning C/N Cookie was all alone and had nothing to do. Of course, they could just help with the case like miss Linzer Cookie. But their oh-so-caring Cheddar Cheese Cookie decided it was 'too dangerous'. Pfft. Yeah right. As if they couldn't handle themselves. Whatever. At least they'd get to see their two favorite Cookies at dinner!

Timeskip~

"Bro/sis!" Macaroni Cookie jumped into the arms of his sibling as soon as they saw each other in the dining car. C/N Cookie chuckled at their brother's enthusiasm. Despite his usual serious demeanour, Macaroni Cookie was actually sorta bubbly around his relative. They've always shared a close bond since birth. "Nice to see you too, bro." Yet they were looking for somebody else. "But where's-" 

"I take it you're looking for me, yes?" The sudden voice made C/N Cookie jump, only to relax soon after as they realized it's Cheddar Cheese Cookie. A sigh of relief escaped their mouth. They let Macaroni Cookie go of their hold, as he already looked at the food options. C/N Cookie hugged their boyfriend. In response, Cheddar Cheese Cookie quickly pecked them on the lips, which made them blush furiously. "*Chuckle* It seems my charm still has quite the effect on you after all this time, darling." C/N Cookie huffed with a glint of playfulness in their eye. At the table, their partner pulled out a chair for them. "Wow, what a gentleman." Laughter errupted from the H/C haired Cookie. Cheddar Cheese Cookie replied with an amused smirk. The couple ordered their food, so did Macaroni Cookie.

After dinner~

"Ah, that was delicious!" Macaroni Cookie placed his hands on his now full stomach. "Agreed." His sibling nodded. Their E/C gaze wandered over to the christmas tree in the middle of the dining car. It was decorated with all sorts of ornaments and lights, which made it glisten beautifully. Even when the lights on it weren't turned on. Though.. was there something lying under the tree? Something else than presents? It looked weird. Standing up from their seat, C/N Cookie walked over to the tree, without taking notice of the questions and glances from their two closest ones. They bent down to the level of the gifts and took out the strange thing. It was a remote with a single button on it.

...

Their eyes widened in realization.

"What's this you've got, dear?" Cheddar Cheese Cookie was standing behind his partner. "Cheddar Cheese Cookie! This... this is the remote to turn on the tree lights! I just know it!" "No, no. Royal Bear Jelly said the lights require a lot of work from the electrical car." Breath held in tension, C/N Cookie pressed the button. The entire tree lit up. Macaroni Cookie rushed over. "But.. that would mean the conductor lied!" The short detective turned to his colleague, giving a look that seemed to speak out words. He ran off to get Royal Bear Jelly, whilst Cheddar Cheese Cookie took his partner by the shoulders.

"It's marvelous you found this remote. With this, we can question Royal Bear Jelly's alibi. I promise we'll spend time together, once this case is solved. But for now we're on a hot lead." He pulled them into a passionate kiss. When they parted, C/N Cookie's cheeks were glowing scarlet, but they gave a smile. "I'll be waiting." And with that, the detective hurried after Macaroni Cookie. Leaving his partner to think of what to do, still red-faced.