9

Lena sat with Maggie and the Danvers family in the bleachers that morning watching as Kara ran back and forth with her teammates. Sweat beads dripping off her body as she ran making basket after basket. The Mustangs were up 20 to 13 which made Lena very excited. There was whistling and yelling as the Mustangs scored again just before the half time buzzer blared in everyone's ears.

Kara stood by the bench guzzling the water down her throat as her eyes looked over the crowd before landing on Lena who was smiling at her. Taking the towel Kara wiped the sweat off her face while maintaining eye contact with Lena who couldn't help but lick her lips. A few minutes later they were back to playing again and Kara was putting everything she had into the game as the score kept going up for the Mustangs.

'BUZZZZZZZZ!' The last buzzer went off just as the ball fell through the hoop. "THAT'S IT! MUSTANGS WIN!" The announcer shouted causing the whole gymnasium to explode in cheers. Kara was now bing picked up by her teammates as they all began cheering her name. "KARA! KARA! KARA!" They shouted as Kara hoisted the trophy above her head. After the initial excitement wore off the teams were lined up shaking hands and congratulating each other on making it to the finals.

After that both teams went into the locker rooms to change before going home to rest up before the party later that evening. Kara came out holding her duffle bag full of sweat soaked clothes and walked over to Eliza who got the first hug. "Congratulations little Danvers!" Maggie exclaimed. "Thanks. Let's go home, I need a shower and some food." Kara stated as they headed to the car.

Once back home Kara headed upstairs to take a long hot shower while Alex ordered some pizzas and potstickers. Maggie was pulling out on paper plates and filling drink cups. Lena however was up in Kara's room putting back Kara's jersey just as Kara came out of the shower in a towel. "Keep it." Kara exclaimed. "Are you sure?" Lena asked turning to look at her. "Yea. I mean if you want to that is." Kara replied her heart sinking in her chest. "You know you're only supposed to give these to the person you're dating...and I'm not sure if Alex would like that?" Lena replied as she stepped closer to Kara.

Kara pulled her into her arms and kissed her. "Well then you should probably talk to her about it..then huh? Cause I like you Lena, a lot." Kara whispered.