55

"Attention all seniors! Please proceed to your lockers and proceed to clean them out! Then please return to your home room classes for lunch!" The principal announced over the speakers. "Come on Winn...it's time to empty our lockers one last time." Kara stated with a sad smile on her face. The two of them headed to their lockers sharing a look of longing and sadness they unlocked their lockers for the last time. "This is wonderful and sad at the same time ain't it guys?" James asked from a few lockers down. "Yea man....it sucks...I thought I'd be ready for this...but I'm not..." Winn replied. "What about you Kar?" James asked. "I'm like Winn a mix of emotions about it. But it's apart of life, everything...comes to an end. This is just the end of one chapter so we can continue the book. It's not like it's our last day together. We still have tomorrow, and graduation. And there's the rest of summer too." Kara stated.

After they cleaned out their lockers the trio gathered together to take one last picture inside the school before disappearing to their home rooms. "Till tomorrow!" James called as he walked off to the mathematics room. "Till tomorrow James!" Winn and Kara called as they headed back to science. "Lucky seniors...we still have another week." A sophomore groaned as she walked by them on her way to the cafeteria. "Remember when that was us?" Kara asked. "Yep! Come on...before Mr. Jones starts passing out the pizza." Winn grumbled as they hurried through the classroom door.

Back in the Danvers's house everyone was preparing for the upcoming graduation. Eliza and Alex were planing on what they'd serve for food, while Lena was upstairs ironing out Kara's graduation gown and putting on some final touches on her cap. It was decorated to look like a blend of the mustangs colors from her high school and the colors of Columba  university. In small letters in one corner Lena put 'Kara and Lena established 2010' with an infinity symbol beside it. "There! Perfect! I'll just let it sit here and dry while I finish her gown up and hang it up." Lena said to herself as she began ironing the gown.

Maggie was outside cutting up colored paper to fill the balloons that they'd be putting up in a net to have dropped on Kara upon entering the house. "Everyone else got easier jobs...Kara better appreciate all this hard work..." Maggie muttered to herself as she continued cutting the papers up and shoving them into the balloons.