47

The day Kara and the rest of the softball team had been waiting for had finally arrived! Everyone was excited as they took their seats in the stands to watch the blonde play in her last high school championship game. Lena had on a handmade Tshirt with Kara's name and number on it along with a pair of shorts and sandals. Her hair was pulled into a high tight pony tail and a pair of sunglasses sat on her face. Eliza sat next to her with Maggie and Alex sitting on the end.

Everyone stood for the national anthem that was sung by a young girl who they later learned was the sister of one of the high schoolers. After that the game was on! Kara was up to bat first against the opposing team. "GO KARA!" Lena yelled out as she watched the blonde hit the ball towards the far end of the field before taking off running for the bases. She got to second base and stayed as another player came up to hit. "AND KARA DANVERS STEALS THIRD BASE!" The announcer exclaimed.

A few hours later the other team was up to bat with Kara pitching. "STRIKE ONE!" The umpire bellowed. Kara's teammates cheered front he dugout. "Come on Kara! Two more and she's out!" Eliza shouted. And just like that the blonde bombshell struck the girl out causing an uproar on the field. The mustangs were up to bat again and Kara had just hit the ball further then before giving her teammates time enough to return to home plate.

The game wore on and on with no end in sight as it looked like they'd be tied at 17 to 17. Mustangs came up to bat again and this time Kara wasn't batting first. Her teammate hit the ball and it clashed into the tall fence in front of Lena. The redhead ran to first base. One after another the hitters whacked the ball further and further causing the bases to become loaded. "Kara Danvers is up to bat! Bases are loaded! Will this be the winning hit? Will Kara take her team to another victory?" The announcer exclaimed as Kara took her stance on home plate.

'CRACK!'

The sound of the softball hitting the metal bat echoed throughout the field. All eyes were on the green ball as it continued flying further and further towards one of the far fences. "IT'S... IT'S OVER THE FENCE!" The announcer yelled as Kara took her victory lap around the diamond. "THAT'S IT! THE MUSTANGS WIN THE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP! MUSTANGS WIN 20 TO 17!" The announcer screamed into microphone. The hometown crowed went wild with yells and screams. Lena jumped off the bleachers and ran towards Kara piking her up in her arms and spinning her around before kissing her lips. "Congratulations!" Lena exclaimed. "Thank you Lee!" Kara exclaimed as she hugged her back. "I'm so proud of you!" Lena exclaimed.

Soon Kara was surrounded by her teammates who lifted her up on their backs as they cheered about the championship. The whole team posed for pictures with the trophy. Lena watched on with a smile on her face one that would disappear quickly when she saw what happened next. It happened in slow motion. Kara stood up and was walking back towards Lena when someone ran up behind her spinning her around. Kara was caught off guard as this girl leaned in and kissed her lips. Lena saw red but before she could do anything Kara had already pushed the girl back and had slapped her across the face before turning on her heel and running to Lena. "I'm sorry!" Kara exclaimed. "It's ok! It's not your fault! I saw everything...I'm just glad you slapped her before I came over and punched her. Come on! Let's get you back so you can shower and we can go out and celebrate." Lena cooed with a smile as she wrapped her arm around Kara's waist as they headed to get her things from the dugout.