52

As the night wore on everyone continued dancing and talking amongst themselves when the announcement was made that it was time to crown the king and queen. "Ladies and Gentlemen! It is now time to crown this year's Midvale High's Senior Prom King and Queen!" Alex announced as a drum roll was playing. "And Midvale's Prom King is James Olsen!" Maggie announced with a smile as the boy got up on stage as Maggie put the plastic crown on his head. "And! Midvale's Prom Queen is...Kara Danvers!" Alex exclaimed as her sister got up on stage and accepted the plastic tiara.

"Now... the king and queen will share a dance!" Maggie added as some soft music played and Kara and James began dancing. James staying an arms length apart knowing Lena was glaring at him the entire time. "Relax Lena, they've been friends for years. She told James she was gay before us." Maggie stated. "Really? When was that?" Lena asked. "She was fourteen, James asked her on a date to the movies and Kara told him she wasn't interested in boys." Alex added. "Oh..well I'm still gonna glare at him." Lena replied causing the others to laugh.

Three minutes and thirty six seconds later, (yes Lena counted every second) the song ended and Kara hurriedly found Lena at the punch table. "Hey beautiful!" Kara cooed as she put her arm around Lena. "Hey darling! How was your dance with your friend?" Lena asked. "It was fine..but I'd rather dance the rest of the dances with you." Kara replied with a smile. "Good, after this I have a surprise for you." Lena replied with a smirk. "Oh? What kind of stuff?" Kara asked. "Something you'll like, trust me darling." Lena replied as they walked back to the dance floor.

By the time the announcement of the last song was coming up Lena had already pulled Kara away from the dace after taking the appropriate amount of photos. "Where are we going?" Kara asked. "Up." Lena replied. "Lee! You got us a hotel room!" Kara squealed. "Yes darling I did! Don't worry Eliza knows, and she dropped off some clothes for us already." Lena explained as she opened the door.