32

Every day was the same for Lena and Kara. Theyd text each other good morning and video chat every night and update each other on their daily lives. It was now entertaining warmer weather and that meant more and more outdoor softball practices and games. Eliza would send pictures and short videos to Lena's phone so she could see Kara hit the ball and run and then slide into home. This one game in particular was turning into a long event as both teams spent their time hitting the balls further and further out into the field causing the teams to run and work harder.

Eliza was cheering in the stands like she always did but today instead of taking pictures she was live streaming Lena, Alex and Maggie. On their side it was appearing on Alex's tablet and all three of them were sitting on their sofa watching the game as they waited on their delivery food to arrive. It was Saturday morning and this game was one of the ones that would tell who would be continuing and whose season would be ending.

"She's really good!" Lena commented as they watched Kara run from first base to the second base. "Yea she is. You should see her playing soccer. She's an absolute beast." Maggie adds with a smirk. "Oh?" Lena asked. "Yea... she totally knocked a chick out during the championship game. She didn't mean to, of course but things like that happen in sports." Alex explained. "Damn!" Lena added as they turned their attention back to the game just as Kara got to the third base.

A few more long hours later and Kara's team was crowned winners and sealed their place in the upcoming games. They watched on as Kara came over to Eliza after saying bye to her teammates. "Kara! Some other people want to congratulate you!" Eliza stated as she turned her phone so the blonde could see Alex, Lena, and Maggie on the sofa. "Hey Lee!" Kara exclaimed. "Hey beautiful! Wonderful game! Congratulations on winning!" Lena stated with a smile on her face. "Thank you Lee!" Kara replied. "Hey! We're here too Kar!" Maggie groaned. "Oh yea...hey guys!" Kara added with a smile. "Good job sis! I knew you had it in you to win." Alex complemented. "Yea baby Danvers! You played one hell of a game! Congratulations! Hopefully we'll be able to come down for the championship." Maggie replied. "Well I've got to drive now girls!" Eliza stated. "Ok! We'll call you later mom!" Alex said as she and Maggie nodded. "I'll call you later love!" Lena chimed in. "Ok! I'll call you after my shower Lee love you!" Kara replied. "Love you too Kara." Lena replied quickly before Eliza hung up the phone.