49

"So...Sam...where are you going to college?" Maggie asked trying to defuse the tension. "I go into Columbia actually." Sam replied. Lena tightened her grip on Kara as she glared at Sam. "Oh...really? What made you want to apply there?" Alex asked. "They have a really great architecture program." Sam said looking at everyone. "Architecture? Really? You want to design buildings?" Lena asked. "Uh yes...I always liked drawing different ideas when I was a kid. Ask anyone here, they'll tell you. Why? Where do you go to college?" Sam asked. "Columbia. Alex and Maggie are my roommates, and this fall Kara will be there with us." Lena sneered. "You got in?" Sam asked. "I got offers from ten schools actually. But decided to go to Columbia to be near Alex and Maggie. Meeting Lee here was just the icing on the cake." Kara replied as she kissed Lena on the cheek.

Lena wrapped her arm around the blonde pulling her tight to her side as Sam looked at them. "That's right darling. Well Sam...are you gonna come in and join us or just stand there. It doesn't matter to me but I know Eliza wouldn't like having her house filled with flies." Lena stated as she walked off holding Kara's hand. Sam shook her head and followed everyone inside shutting the door behind her. "Ah everyone is here! Sam? I thought I heard your voice." Eliza said with a small smile on her face.

"Hello Mrs. Danvers. It's nice to see you again." Sam said shyly as she took a seat next to Lacey at the table. After everyone sat down Eliza made the announcement to begin eating. Kara made conversation with her teammates about their plans for college and what everyone was planning on doing with there final years of high school. Some of them even made conversation with Lena in a playful banter. "You're gonna keep our girl safe aren't you Lena?" Lacey asked teasingly. "But of course Lacey, I wouldn't dream of doing anything to hurt Kar. And as for keeping her safe, I'll personally kill anyone who dares to hurt her." Lena replied with a smile.

After dinner everyone moved to the living room where Lena began getting more questions from Kara's friends. "What are your intentions with our friend?" Winn asked. Lena bit her lip and looked at Kara with eyes filled with love and compassion in them. "Well...I plan to be with Kara for as long as she'll have me." Lena replied her eyes never leaving Kara's. A chorus of 'awes' and 'ooohs' were heard around the room as Kara replied with a quiet 'Forever then...' "Alex is right...they are sickly sweet!" Lacey groaned as she took a sip of her soda.