36

It had been a week since the conversation between the three roommates. In the mean time Kara was busy with softball games while Lena was busy with preparing for her upcoming examinations next month. However no matter how busy the two women got they still found time to talk to one another. "And next week is our last game which will determine who goes into the semi finals." Kara stated over their nightly video chat. "Are you nervous?" Lena asked. "A little. They're a really tough team so we've been practicing extra hard lately. I've been taking more and more ice baths to soothe my muscles." Kara stated.

Lena didn't say anything in response to this she just looked at Kara with a knowing face which caused Kara to turn white in the face. "Alex and Maggie told you huh...you probably hate me now don't you?" Kara asked. Shaking her her head Lena let out a chuckle. "No darling I do not, nor could I ever hate you. In fact I think this new information only makes love you more." Lena stated with a giant smile. Kara looked at her with disbelief. "Really?" Kara asked. "Yes darling. Nothing could ever make you love me less. Now how are you preparing for the upcoming game?" Lena asked.

"I've been doing ice baths, and eating more and more calories to keep my strength up. I've also been running on the homemade treadmill that's in the basement. It's specially made so I can run at my full power and not over heat it. And I've also been sleeping more and more." Kara explained. Lena listened to her closely just enjoying the conversation. "What about you Lee? When are your exams?" Kara asked. "The beginning of May. They'll last two weeks for each of us, then when I'm finished with them we'll be heading back to Midvale for the summer." Lena explained.

"How many exams are you taking Lee?" Kara asked. "All together about six..." Lena replied with a shrug of hr shoulders. "SIX! Lena! That's a lot!" Kara exclaimed. "Yes I know...just last week Alex and Maggie were groaning about exam week. Even more so when I told them how many I'd have to take, but we soon stopped when the food arrived, that's when they told me about you and your powers. It's also the moment I realized that I was completely head over heels in love with you." Lena explained. A red glow appeared on Kara's face at Lena's words. "Kara? Are you at a loss for words?" Lena asked. "Yes...I believe I am! I don't know what to say..." Kara replied with a loving smile on her face.