25

Everyone sat down to a real banquet that night for dinner. There was ham, mashed potatoes, lots of different vegetable dishes, and gravy. And that was just the stuff on the table, in the fridge there was all kinds of desserts from pies, to cakes and cookies. Plates filled with the most delicious foods and conversation flowed easily. "I'm gonna miss this when we go back to school!" Lena stated. "Oh? Don't worry dear! I plan on making each of you your own treat buckets to bring back." Eliza stated. Lena couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. She really felt at home now. She had a family.

"Will that continue when I'm off with them?" Kara asked. "Of course dear. However you'll be going back with two buckets of treats. It's the only way I know everyone else will get some of their stuff." Eliza teased. Everyone laughed at Kara's expression even Lena joined in on the fun. After dinner the four young ladies insisted that Eliza go relax while they did the dishes. It was a bit of a struggle but they soon got the Danvers matriarch to agree to a bit of relaxation time.

After the dishes were done everyone headed into the living room where Eliza was sitting in a recliner watching a movie. Lena and Kara took the loveseat while Alex and Maggie took the larger sofa both couples cuddled up under blankets while they watched the movie. Half way through the second movie Lena noticed Kara was starting to fall asleep, so she suggested they head off to bed. "Good night everyone!" Kara stated as they left the living room holding hands.

Once they got up to Kara's room they both removed their heavy pajamas and slipped under the covers. "I know I've said this before, but this has been one of the best Christmas's ever. And I mean it." Lena whispered as she curled up in Kara's arms. "It's been my favorite Christmas's too. Because this Christmas I got the best gift I could ever have. I got you as my amazing girlfriend." Kara replied as they shared a kiss before falling asleep.