24

A little while later they were sitting in the living room after being told twice by Eliza that she didn't need help washing their new clothes. "You get told she doesn't need help either?" Alex asked looking at a defeated Kara and Lena sit down. "Yep! She told us both she doesn't need help with the laundry and shooed us in here." Lena replied. "You should see her around Kara's birthday! Last year I offered to bake the cake for it and Eliza gave me a speech about how she has everything under control." Maggie replied.

"Really?" Lena asked shooting Kara a look. "Yea..." Kara replied. "Well when's your birthday?" Lena asked. Kara looked away from her girlfriend as she shook her head slowly. "Kara...when is your birthday?" Lena asked again. "August 15th." Kara replied. "Oh? That's the weekend you come to Columbia!" Maggie exclaimed. "Yea..." Kara replied avoiding eye contact with her girlfriend. "That's it! We're gonna go out for your birthday! And I am not taking no for an answer Kara Danvers!" Lena stated.

"It's..." Kara began. "Don't you dare say it's not a big deal! I am taking you out after your tour of the campus and that's final!" Lena deadpanned. Alex and Maggie couldn't hold the laughs in any longer, they both burst out laughing at how red Kara's face got after Lena scolded her. "Ok...you win..."  Kara replied. "I always win Kara. You'll do good to remember that. I. Always. Get. What. I. Want." Lena replied as she leaned in and kissed Kara.

"Again! Sickly adorable!" Alex groaned throwing a pillow at them. "Ok girls! Dinner's started, I made fruit bowls for lunch because it's light and it won't fill you up too much. Now what are you all talking about?"  Eliza asked. "Talking about taking Kara out for her birthday when she comes up for her tour of the campus." Lena stated. "Oh! That is right. I'll be dropping you off  at the airport on Friday morning before I go on my business trip." Eliza stated. "We know mom! And we'll make sure Kara gets on the airplane for home on time." Alex stated.