39

"FINALLY! LAST DAY OF EXAMS!" Alex exclaimed on Friday morning as she made everyone a hearty breakfast. "Thank RAO!" Maggie whined. "Yes! Thank Rao indeed!" Lena added as she sat down at the table. "Then tomorrow we can go to Midvale for the summer!" Alex added wagging her eyebrows at Lena who rolled her eyes at her. After they ate they all scattered to their own bathrooms to ready themselves for their last day of exams. Lena texted Kara a 'Good morning' text before hopping into the shower.

Back in Midvale Kara was just waking up in her bed when her phone buzzed alerting that she got a text. after reading the 'Good morning!' Message she quickly replied before heading off to shower and ready for school today they'd be preparing tomorrow's Senior Project Night. This meant that Kara had to get to school earlier than usual so she could set up her senior project in the library because it would take a while to get all the parts put together. "Honey! Hurry up! I've got your breakfast burritos ready!" Eliza called up the stairs.

"Coming!" Kara replied as she pulled on her Columbia tshirt. "May as well brag it up while I can..." Kara said to herself with a smirk. After grabbing her backpack and her other bag that had all the parts to her senior project in it she ran downstairs to see a waiting Eliza standing in the kitchen with four burritos in a bag. "Come on! You can eat in the car." Eliza states as she hands Kara a large water jug as they head to the car.

A few  minutes later they are parking in the school's parking lot and the blondes getting out still holding her last burrito one hand while everything else is in her left hand. "See you tonight! Love you!" Eliza called as Kara hurried into the school waving at the Danvers matriarch as she drives off.

Upon entering the library she meets Winn who's busy with his own project. "What exactly is that?" Kara asks. "It's a model dialysis machine. I decided to make one to honor my grandmother. It works and everything. Oh! That's cool aide in the hoses!" He explains as Kara gapes at him. "Nice Winn! Excellent job as always!" Kara exclaimed happily as she began putting her own project together.

Two free periods later Kara, Winn, and the rest of the seniors finished putting their projects together. Kara stood back and admired her work. "What exactly is it?" Winn asked. "It's the history of journalism! From stone carvings, and wall paintings in caves to the modern technology we have today! It shows that news was shared throughout history, even it wasn't all written down so generations after them could understand that." Kara explained. "Wow! That's amazing Kara!" Winn replied sounding astonished. "Thanks Winn! Let's go to class now shall we?" She asked looking at her watch. "Yea! Mr. Jones may not like it if we're late to biology." He added as they gathered their things and headed to class.

Back in the hallowed halls of Columbia University Lena, Alex, and Maggie had just been given a half hour break in between exams, which meant the three of them could meet up in the cafeteria to refuel their bodies with much needed food. "This has been such an awful day!" Lena groaned as she put four pieces of pizza onto her tray before continuing down the line. "I agree!" Alex chimed in as she too put pizza on her tray along with some ranch dip. "Two more exams left! Then we can crash before packing!" Maggie grumbles as she follows suit.

"Speak for yourself Sawer! I've already packed for the summer!" Lena stated as they sat at a table. "Of course you have! You're always on top of everything..." Maggie grumbled. "Hey none of this grumbling! It's our last day of exams! And tomorrow we'll be on our way to Midvale!" Alex exclaimed happily. "Yes!" Maggie and Lena exclaimed together with smiles on their faces.