Chapter 28: My Mysterious Castle

Sky had just started his seafood pasta, barely less than a third into it, when he noticed Lumiya across him had devoured her entire plate, even meticulously licking it clean. Her large, innocent eyes were now intently focused on Sky's spaghetti.

Struggling to stay composed, Sky managed a few more bites but couldn't shake off Lumiya's longing gaze. He ventured, "How about I share some with you?"

"Yeah, sure!" Lumiya nodded eagerly, sliding her empty plate towards him.

In no time, over half of Sky's remaining pasta ended up in Lumiya's belly, bringing their lunch, delightful for Lumiya, to an end. Sky, however, was still hungry.

"Shall we head to the main building of the castle now?" Sky suggested, getting up.

"Onward, onward!" Lumiya exclaimed, leaping up excitedly.

They soon stood before the bronze-framed grand doors of the main building, looking up in awe.

The main structure of the castle, a solid stone building, featured a sharply pointed spire at its center. Besides the central spire, the building housed four stories, with grand arched windows and heavy doors melding functionality with elegance. Time had etched its tale on the castle, rendering its exterior somber and historical.

Sky took a deep breath, pulling out an ancient bronze key, an heirloom, and inserted it into the lock, turning it with anticipation.

As the lock clicked, Sky's internal system chimed in, "Player meets criteria to activate 'My Mysterious Castle' mission system. Activate?"

After a brief pause, Sky answered, "Activate."

"'My Mysterious Castle' mission series now active," the system announced.

Activating Main Quest 1: 'The Door.'

Objective: At 3 a.m. each night, open a door in the castle and stay there till dawn. Each night, select a new room until all are explored.

Hint: The castle awakens at nightfall. Behind each door lies a captivating story.

Rewards: Activate 'Late Night Mode' in each room upon completing the task, earning 10 Plane World Sources and 10 Plane Rule Fragments. Chance for additional rewards.

Penalty: Lose the opportunity to activate 'Late Night Mode' for any unopened room.

Activating Main Quest 2: 'The Web.'

Objective: Find and free the inhabitant(s) of the cobweb-laden room in the castle.

Hint: They've attempted escape countless times, each effort adding another thread of despair to their tragic tapestry.

Rewards: Gain their goodwill and potential assistance in future 'My Mysterious Castle' missions, plus 150 Plane World Sources and 150 Plane Rule Fragments.