Chapter 53: Time for the Sword to be Drawn

Within the Firefeather military camp, Lilith's singing suddenly crescendoed, and concurrently, her Crescent Cross Scepter in hand slowly moved until its crescent top pointed towards the direction where Yudel was fighting.

As she moved, the Holy Light barrier's defense also shifted, the dense power of Holy Light slowly converging towards the direction indicated by the Crescent Cross Scepter, forming a thick barrier of Holy Light energy.

Simultaneously, from the perspective of Lilith and the soldiers within the camp, a gigantic inverted funnel-shaped tornado appeared in the distant sky, the dark clouds being sucked into it at a high speed. At the bottom of the tornado, a Azure Dragon, carrying the might of the collapsing sky, plunged down.

The Azure Dragon landed.

In that instant, the world seemed to lose its sound and color, turning into a black and white silent film. Then, with the point of the Azure Dragon's landing as the epicenter, the ground trembled and cracked as if struck by a powerful earthquake, followed by a loud rumble as the ground split open, hurling rocks and boulders in all directions.

Before people could recover from this apocalyptic scene, a wave of incredibly powerful shockwaves spread out from the center of the Azure Dragon's landing, sweeping up the shattered rocks and exerting tremendous destructive force.

Almost within a breath's time, the shockwave and debris reached the Holy Light barrier. The barrier emitted a dazzling light, blocking the impact and destruction from the outside.

Under the immense force, the surface of the Holy Light barrier rippled like water, barely able to withstand the pressure.

Lilith hastily increased the volume of her hymn singing while her left hand swiftly traced Holy Light magic runes in the air, continuously replenishing the Holy Light barrier's energy.

After what felt like an eternity, the shockwave finally ceased, and the dark clouds also vanished.

All that remained was a crater resembling a meteorite impact, a thousand meters in radius, with numerous wisps of blue smoke rising from the ground.

At the crater's center, Yudel stood, leaning on his Dragon-Spear, breathing heavily, on the verge of collapse. Clearly, the devastating strike had taken a toll on him.

By this time, Bakker had been reduced to ashes under the fierce attack.

Yudel suddenly laughed heartily, roaring with a spirited "Thrilling!"

A buzzing sound not far from him caught Yudel's attention.

He looked up to see a fiery red blade partially buried in the ground, its exposed part vibrating and emitting a buzzing sound as if calling out to Yudel. It was the Nine-Turns Phoenix Blade, the national treasure of the Firefeather nation.

Yudel staggered to the blade, pulled it out, and inspected it.