Chapter 46: As Expected, It Appeared Again

Sky raised a question about how to comprehend the fifth level of cultivation in the realm of immortality.

Lumiya, scratching her chin, replied, "I'm actually striving to breach the threshold of the Fifth Rank External Scenery Phase. But from what I gather, reaching this fifth level means you have to make good on the boasts of the fourth level.

I recall a few years back, it was quite the trend to draft a PPT and then rush off to secure millions in venture capital for a startup. If the promises on the PPT fall through after securing funding, that's just blowing hot air. But if it materializes and evolves into a unicorn company, then you've realized your dream.

So, in my opinion, understanding the fourth and fifth levels of cultivation together is akin to a popular saying online these days: 'It's always good to have dreams, just in case they come true.'"

Applause erupted from Lilianna, who teased, "That interpretation is brilliant; I'm tempted to invest in your PPT project."

After pondering for a moment, Sky said, "Based on the basic principles of cultivation, the technique I've been practicing, 'Cosmic Insight | Primordial Blood,' doesn't seem to fit the profile of a first-level Foundation Building technique at all."

Lumiya shared her thoughts, "I've probed you by channeling true qi into your body and found that you haven't opened the five sensory orifices or activated the true qi meridian system, nor have you created a qi pool. You're purely using your body's physical strength. From this perspective, you should be at the first rank of the Foundation Building phase. Moreover, the features you described about your technique don't involve opening orifices, true qi, innate abilities, or external landscapes, making it the quintessential physical cultivation technique of the first rank."

Unable to hold back, Lilianna interjected, "Sky also mentioned that when he delves deep into his body's consciousness, he sees the cosmos's void from his cells. Could this be akin to the fourth rank's process of projecting the external world into the inner realm?"

After a long thought, Lumiya shook her head, "I've never heard of such a thing. It seems similar, but it's too unorthodox for cultivation, I just don't know."

Sky gestured dismissively, "Let's not dwell on this for now. Let's rest and prepare for our exploration of the ancient castle at 2:30 AM."

"Past 2 AM again, we're bound to encounter that terrifying ghost woman from last time," Lumiya muttered.

A few hours later, Lumiya's grim prediction came true.