Chapter 32: Do You Believe in Gods?

As Sky placed the last snack on the table and sat down, he noticed that the scallion pancakes from before had already been devoured by the duo. The sight of another dish on the table prompted Lumiya to quickly reach out, only to be stopped midway by Lilianna: "Haven't you had enough already? Sky hasn't even started eating."

Lumiya immediately retorted, "And you're accusing me of eating a lot? I saw you eating more than me. Aren't you vampires supposed to feed on blood? Why steal my scallion pancakes?"

Lilianna hit back, "And shouldn't you silly wolves be feasting on meat instead of scallion pancakes? Remember, I'm from the Bloodline, not some blood-sucking vampire. We gain strength from blood but can eat human food normally."

"Well, I am a shape-shifting dog demon, no, a wolf demon. Being able to take human form means I can enjoy human food too," Lumiya argued proudly.

"Little girl, I've told you before, you are a pure-blooded werewolf. You must trust my 6000 years of experience – your werewolf aura is unmistakable," said Lilianna.

Lumiya countered, "Even if I have werewolf lineage, it doesn't conflict with being a wolf demon. My master said, any animal or plant in the world, given enough time absorbing the essence of nature and a stroke of luck in awakening intelligence, can embark on the path of demonic cultivation. I fit the profile of a demonic cultivator perfectly. Plus, I've got certification from the Cultivation Association."

Sky awkwardly interrupted their bickering, "It's okay, I'm not very hungry. I'll just taste a piece; the rest is for Lumiya."

Lumiya cheered, leaving just one pancake for Sky and hoarding the rest. After a thought, she grabbed one more and placed it back on his plate, "Here, landlord, I'll give you one more."

Rolling her eyes, Lilianna said to Sky, "She's not your pet dog, you know. You're spoiling her."

Lumiya slammed the table, "Who are you calling a dog?"

"You did, from the very beginning, claiming you were a dog," Lilianna pointed out.

Lumiya, finding herself unable to retort, finally squeezed out, "I meant a dog demon, now a wolf demon. But still a demon." She then muttered in Chinese, "I think you're a demon too, a blood-sucking bat demon."

"I am from the Bloodline," Lilianna said through gritted teeth, her pronunciation impeccable.

"Wow, you can speak Chinese?" Lumiya exclaimed, surprised, while not forgetting to stuff another pancake into her mouth.

Sky, foreseeing another argument brewing, quickly intervened, "Let's get to the point. Have you figured

out the situation yet? I'm totally lost here. Can someone fill me in?"

Lilianna glanced at Lumiya, who was still eagerly devouring the scallion pancakes, and then turned to Sky, "I'll explain. Lumiya's master is an Eastern cultivator. About 100 years ago, he found her in her juvenile state in the Arctic ice fields. At that age, werewolves can't shift into human or werewolf forms and only have the form of a wolf, though with intelligence akin to a human child.