Chapter 50: No Enemy Is Invincible

Sky's peripheral vision caught Lilith revealing a meaningful smile, "Sir, you must be from the Darkwater Empire."

As Lilith's voice fell, Yudel had already drawn his sword, pressing towards the middle-aged man aggressively.

The middle-aged man snorted coldly, standing up swiftly, "A mere first-rank Foundation Building cultivator dares to be so presumptuous!" As he spoke, his aura surged outwards, with dark shadowy magical fluctuations rolling out like waves from within him, exerting a formidable mental pressure that bore down directly on everyone's soul.

In this tiny space within the tent, an invisible magical force began resonating with the man's soul, instilling an odd sensation in everyone's hearts. It felt as if the very rules of heaven and earth within this confined space were beginning to merge with him, showing malice towards Yudel.

Lilith chuckled softly, stepping forward nonchalantly, her body emitting a radiant holy glow that diluted the intense malice in the space. "Sir's magical power has merged with his soul, resonating with the laws of the universe. This is the orthodox Darkwater Empire royal mage's shadow magic, isn't it? Already at the level of a sixth-tier Saint Domain Mage, no wonder you could evade my detection and appear here."

Yundel snorted and turned to General Bakker, "General, we are at war with the Darkwater Empire. Why is someone from the Darkwater Empire present in your central tent, sharing drinks and merriment with you?"

General Bakker's smile faded, his eyes narrowing as he slowly rose, "General Yundel, I have my reasons for my actions. You should be clear about your position and consider how you qualify to serve as a vice-general under me. If it weren't for your uncle Lyon, with your mere 24 years and first-rank Foundation Building cultivation, you wouldn't even qualify to be my guard."

Yundel, undisturbed by the belittlement, retorted with a cold laugh, "Bakker, as the General of Firefeather Nation, you converse secretly with an enemy nation's royal mage in the military camp. I have reason to suspect your betrayal and demand you surrender your military command token and surrender peacefully. Otherwise, do not blame me for executing you on the spot."

Bakker was momentarily stunned, then burst into laughter, "I've heard from your uncle Lyon about your arrogance and disrespect. It seems your arrogance has reached the stage of ignorance. I've heard you were born with divine strength, reaching the first-rank Foundation Building at three, disdainful of all cultivation methods encountered, lacking magical talent, relying solely on your innate abilities as you followed your uncle Lyon in military expeditions. Eventually, even Lyon could no longer tolerate you and sent you to manage the southern barbarian territories. A few months ago, your uncle died at the hands of Marshal Holham of the Darkwater Empire, and you hastily returned with 8,000 barbarian troops for the funeral. The Firefeather Kingdom, in recognition of your uncle's contributions in re-establishing the Firefeather army, granted you a nominal vice-general position. Do you really take yourself seriously?"

The Darkwater Empire's royal mage also sneered, "Your current actions resemble a newborn pup baring its teeth at a tiger, truly ignorant of death." He slightly bowed to Bakker, continuing, "I am here under Marshal Holham's orders to discuss the withdrawal of Firefeather troops, not because of your 50,000 defeated soldiers but because of General Bakker, the only seventh-rank Nascent Soul expert in Firefeather Nation. As long as Firefeather withdraws, Marshal Holham promises, as long as General Bakker remains in Firefeather, the Darkwater army will not enter your territory."