Chapter 31: Midnight Scallion Pancakes

Originally designed to accommodate a small guard unit, the castle's tower boasts a vast interior living space. Generations of castle owners have since repurposed these quarters, potentially transforming it into a luxurious mansion of over 500 square meters. Even now, with just a fraction in use, it contains six rooms and spans nearly 150 square meters.

Late into the night, after the day's tumultuous events, Sky proposed that the ladies

come to his tower residence to discuss their individual situations. The scenario was confusing for all parties involved.

Soon, the trio found themselves gathered in Sky's dwelling within the tower.

Lilianna, hauling a small suitcase and shoulder bag previously left at the castle gate, chose a vacant guest room. After stowing her belongings, she briefly greeted Sky and retreated to the room, enjoying a soothing shower.

Meanwhile, Lumiya managed to salvage only a hard drive and some unspoiled snacks from the ruins of her own room. Upon her arrival at Sky's place, she tossed her items on the dining table and collapsed into a chair in despair.

Resting her head on her arms, draped listlessly over the table, she appeared utterly forlorn. Her furry appearance had vanished, revealing the pale skin of a young girl, though her fluffy white ears still drooped despondently on her head, and her long white tail lay limply on the floor.

When Sky initially welcomed Lumiya and Lilianna, he had encouraged, "Feel at ease, just like you're in your own home." So, Lumiya did exactly that, revealing her typical at-home behavior. This demeanor, surprisingly, seemed more in line with her true self, not out of place at all.

In a voice tinged with existential doubt, Lumiya half-whispered, half-muttered, "I've turned into a werewolf; I hope Master won't punish me. That explains the stomach issues with dog food. I'm a wolf, after all. Oh dear, what about my formal demon cultivation knitting? Is my certification from the Association still valid? Should I update my demon attributes at the registry? What if they fine me 500 top-grade Spirit Stones for misinformation? I'm worried about the 'Celestial Canine Howl' techniques; might I lose control? I need to find out if there's a wolf-specific version of 'Celestial Canine Howl' in the demon cultivators' forum. And my phone... is it broken from the fight? Guess I'll need a new one tomorrow. Hey, landlord, I'm famished. What's for our midnight snack?"

The final query was aimed at Sky.

"Just hold on, I'm on it," Sky responded, engrossed in browsing Chinese cuisine websites on his phone. He was elated to realize his newfound ability to comprehend languages and scripts from various realms. Intent on preparing an authentic Chinese midnight snack to buoy Lumiya's spirits, his challenge was the mere two bags of flour in his pantry. What culinary delight could he craft from them?

Then the door opened, and in came Lilianna, post-shower, donned in comfortable home attire and tousling her semi-dry black hair. Cleansed of the day's grime and battle's ferocity, she now resembled a gentle, beautiful older sister from next door

, radiating warmth and beauty.

Sky, captivated by Lilianna's altered appearance, was momentarily lost in thought.